A request for this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
As I search for threads on dubia start ups, care, etc, it occurred to me that if there was a sticky/announcement style thread here for people looking to start their own dubia colony, it might save us from making posts.

Does that sound like a good idea? We'd need someone, maybe a breeder, with lots of dubia experience to type up an article...maybe something along the lines of:

"Start-up, items you need"
followed by some bullets, where to buy supplies, etc

"Where to buy roaches"
also how many and sizes, etc

"how to care for them"
all the heat, feeding, cleaning info

Anyone game for doing that?

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes true, but that thread is 45 pages long, I'm thinking more along the lines of a 1 post general guideline 'this is what you need and how to do it' basic setup where someone doesn't have to sift through several pages of information unless they're looking for more specific answers :)

healthybeardie

Juvie Member
When I was serious about the specifics on setting up I found www.theroachranch.com that provided me with step-by-step, pictures, videos, etc.

When my newbie questions went unanswered (still do sometimes!) I did a google search to get the specifics. If the newbies are really in need of an answer quickly, they will take the next step for their research. I'm not sure what criteria the Moderators go by to have a ready made thread with all the step-by-step instructions, when everything can be found easy enough just by doing the research. Plus, everyone's needs and preferences are different so that may keep the moderators from doing this. e.g. glass tank versus rubbermaid bin. It's a personal decision what works best for each individual.

I know what you're saying, there is a lot of information on this board and a lot of repeat questions. I wish someone could provide me with step-by-step instructions on how to sell my excess dubia for profit, but somethings we just have to figure out on our own. Too many variables. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom