a new hide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwellsmomma1989

Hatchling Member
soo maxwell has bene his chipper stubborn self all summer, at one point he had a few off days but i learned he was too warm by the window i moved him and hes back to himself instantly. and well i guess today the boyfriend got tired of playing the move max to his warm spot every morning so today he moved his favorite log in the light so max could do both things he loves. and well once he did that max realized the log second as a hide and has been in there all morning lol has anyone elses dragon done this with a new hide?
heres his ste up just in case somethings off that im not seeing.
75 gallon tank tile as substrate
150 watt bulb for basking
im using the natural sun for his uvb here lately and we spend about an hour outside so a full 10 hours cage time
hes eating 5 supers a day, was 10 but the vet said that was a little much since they are soo fatty
he eats this wild clover outside ..like alot of it
and poops everyday outside and its looked the same not runny or anything
and his temps are 82 on the cold side and 101 on his basking spot
i give him a bath every other day and he has a water dish in his cage that he plays in everyday so hes well hydrated
im thinking its because he s proud of his new spot but i dunno and wanted everyones opinion. and hes 3 and a half if that helps. and dont usually start his brumation till end of november middle of december.

esn

Hatchling Member
A lot of people don't put in hides because some beardies will hide all day and never come out to bask. I give my beardies cardboard box hides and they did hide all day the first day or two they had them, but eventually got over it. If he continues to hide for the next few days, it may be best to remove the hide or block it and use it for basking. Or even simply add it at night so he can sleep in it.

Maxwellsmomma1989

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well i just took him outsisde to poo and eat his veggies and now hes not hiding now hes running around in his tank so i think its a new thing for him as he looks pretty proud of himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom