A new dragon keeper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liliwen

Hello all! I am Liliwen and from the UK, a proud owner of a 5 month old Bearded Dragon for the first time. He/she has been with me less than 24 hours, looks awfully scared and very beautiful. Trying to leave him/her alone to adjust, very hard to do as so adorable! So here begins my nervous worrying about my new baby, hoping I have got it all right, so looking forward to sharing my life with him or her.

This looks a cracking forum, just about everything I could possibly need to know is right here.

Liliwen

Original Poster
Hi again all... not sure if I have an issue so can you please read and advise? My 5 month old dragon has been with me almost a week. he will not move an inch if I am in the room! He has eaten crickets but only if I leave the room and stay out for over an hour. I have bathed him twice in this time, he seems to like it ok, drank loads the first time but not the next. I have handled him each day just a little, he looks at me with interest when I am holding him and left alone will investigate his surroundings and bask, (I have spent 2 days out all day, he has ventured out by the time I get home and has eaten his bugs)

Does not go near his water or greens which is fresh daily and taken out overnight. I have waggled green things and dribbled the water into his bowl so he can see it but he has no interest in it at all.

I accept he will be shy at first and don't want to rush him but had hoped by now he would at least feel he can come out from under the shelf that is his bedroom and enjoy his surroundings and hunt his crickets even if i am in the room!

I am working on my laptop today, so am in his room. I put his lights on at 7am, fed him six crickets at 8:30, left the room for half an hour but have been working in here since, (it is now 10:30). He has not moved from his bed at all, his head is up and he is watching .....

Is this normal? Will he come round eventually?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom