a long question ! but short answer ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reno

hi ! i currently builldingmy mew enclosure for my BD and im concern about my fake rock we do not any home depot around so i bought a sealer but it kinda smell a lot so im gonna do a little test tonight to see what is gonna smell after it dry ! And also !! if i build my tank out of MDF do i need to seal the inside !!

tank for any reply greatly appreciated !!

Reno

mishelly58

Hatchling Member
I believe that MDF will warp and fall apart if it gets wet. The sealer i used is made by Minwax and it was called Polycrylic. It's a water based sealant. I'm building a new enclosure too but I opted for making it out of plywood and staining it. The waterbase sealant dries quickly and you can put a few coats on in a short perios of time with little to no fumes.

I hope this helps.

drewdizzo

If you are going to be using the mdf with the melamine laminate then all you would have to do is seal the edges with a bead of silicon to ensure the wood itself never gets any water in it.

Reno

Original Poster
hey! i find out the paint i bought for my fake rock act as a sealant ! no after fumes ,any taste ( i taste it myself :eek: )yeah yeah i took a huge lick on the rock :puke: !! what we wouldt do for them ! :D ,i put water on the rock and then rub trying to take off the paint.. .negative nothing want to comeoff ! and put it under a light and no fumes and any smell comes out of her soo :D pretty cool so Milly(my female BD) will be able to see her new enclosure next week and dont worry guys i didnt forget you !! im gonna post some pic !.... .... well ill try hi hi hi ! :D :blob5: and oh !just for the curious ones! the enclosure in 54"x28"x28" :blob8: full glass in the back and 2 front sliding door !and all around (top,sideand bottom) is MDF !
thx for your time to reply !!

a hell of a BD lover !

Reno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brohelphimlol
Top Bottom