A human and his beardie - One sleepy dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You ever get that feeling about your beardie that you just can't shake. The one where while you're sitting at work you just can't wait to hold you're beardie when you get home. Charmander and me have that connection, I picked her out at petsmarts amongst 20 babies. She was the obvious choice she stood out and didn't back down to my approaching finger like the rest of them. Instead she bared her teeth and held her tail high! I knew she was the perfect choice I'll never forget the fire in her eyes that day a spark that said "I'm a fighter and I will never give up!" Once I got her home she had calmed down and began the very stressful task of Adabting to her new home. The whole day I sat and watched her not once was she nervous or scared and not once did she show signs of stress. Even though everything was new to her she went about everything ready to take it on all at once! She grew on me faster than ever expected her firey eyes and spirit quickly became my life! More and more I found myself thinking of her, at work, in class, even when I left to go smoke outside! She had become my everything and I write this in honor of our love and companionship! As I watch her in her tank in the early morning light, fast asleep I wonder what she dreams about. I love my Charmander more than anything and as I write tears swell in my eyes, not tears of sadness but tears of love and joy. I know in my soul that the next 10 years will be the bet of my life! So here's to you lil lady, my everything, my soul mate, my best friend, my little Charmander! May are lives forever be intertwined!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
I can't think of names at the moment, my boyfriend moved back to Cali and I'm stuck in Oregon...eh, haven't really thought clearly since he left.
But the BP is cute. How's Charmander liking the new member?

Beardiesforthewin72

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I'm not sure yet I think she's not quite fully awake so she's probably not going to respond fully for a little while. She does notice him though and he notices her. I'm sorry to hear about your bf I hope he comes home soon!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Gonna be a while til we move in together, he couldn't work around here, just paycheck to paycheck so he went to work for his mom.
He doesn't wanna live with parents forever. Heh, Vash passed out again..it's only 6...he had a burst of energy a while ago.
He must've ran it out.

Beardiesforthewin72

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Funny story so I wake up to use the bathroom at like 9 right and as I walk back into the room of course out of habit I check on my little reptiles as I pass their cages you know just a quick glance but as I check on Pylos, that's our snake btw, I notice his little log is empty, where he fell asleep last night, A small pain of panic goes through me so I start looking all around the cage and he's not there period! I turned to Lora and was like baby the snakes missing she wakes up and we both begin looking about 5 minutes later we find him under a pile of trash bags filled with cloths curled up sleeping. I guess he managed to escape so me and Lora are going to have to go out and get a new lid for his cage. Very eventful way to wake up we did check him for injuries and he fell quite a distance but he seemed fine hopefully nothing internal was hurt. I'm going to keep an eye on him for the next few days. After his long adventure he decided to curl up for a nap and me and his mom joined lol I'm going to take him out now to make sure he's still alert!

Beardiesforthewin72

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well Charmander pooped with some blood in it! I'm worried and not really sure what to do. I can't afford a vet and that job I was all excited about didn't go through.... She's had trouble pooing a lot of pushing and it looks like she's in pain. I hope I can ride this out I'm giving her lots of baths hopefully it'll help I'm open to any suggestions so please feel free to help! Thank you in advanced.

Beardiesforthewin72

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Okay so the blood is gone and she's back to pooing normal I guess she was just a little dehydrated. She's healthy and active, too active, the post brumation behavior is driving me nuts every second she whips around her cage! At least she's awake and I should really be more careful what I wish for she's been eating like a baby even though she's a year old! Also coolest thing ever I fed my little indigo yesterday never seen anything like it rather awesome I have a video on YouTube I suppose I can post you guys a link but he is also doing very well! I have a full happy healthy zoo!
http://youtu.be/nvxpbsDoAQ0
Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom