A human and his beardie - One sleepy dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You ever get that feeling about your beardie that you just can't shake. The one where while you're sitting at work you just can't wait to hold you're beardie when you get home. Charmander and me have that connection, I picked her out at petsmarts amongst 20 babies. She was the obvious choice she stood out and didn't back down to my approaching finger like the rest of them. Instead she bared her teeth and held her tail high! I knew she was the perfect choice I'll never forget the fire in her eyes that day a spark that said "I'm a fighter and I will never give up!" Once I got her home she had calmed down and began the very stressful task of Adabting to her new home. The whole day I sat and watched her not once was she nervous or scared and not once did she show signs of stress. Even though everything was new to her she went about everything ready to take it on all at once! She grew on me faster than ever expected her firey eyes and spirit quickly became my life! More and more I found myself thinking of her, at work, in class, even when I left to go smoke outside! She had become my everything and I write this in honor of our love and companionship! As I watch her in her tank in the early morning light, fast asleep I wonder what she dreams about. I love my Charmander more than anything and as I write tears swell in my eyes, not tears of sadness but tears of love and joy. I know in my soul that the next 10 years will be the bet of my life! So here's to you lil lady, my everything, my soul mate, my best friend, my little Charmander! May are lives forever be intertwined!

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Beardiesforthewin72":3s9xrxx3 said:
I've noticed something about this site it seems like more women like beardies then us males. Which is weird bc it's usually the man chasing away various other creepy crawlies spiders, mice, earwigs, ect. I guess fat beardies with cute faces don't count lol :lol: for example my I went to spend the weekend at my grandparents house and I had no one to look after char so of course she went along for the trip tank and all! Once I get there my grandma gets terrified of her and my grandpas being his usual self slightly ignoring her hoping she won't get loose in his mason. By the end of the weekend my grandmas all like grab Charmander I want to pet her, turns out she fell in love with that little face. My grandpa too but it took him awhile.

Hey Derrick Im a guy and I love beardies but I dont even have one...... YET :D

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Beardiesforthewin72":2xtsq7m1 said:
I've noticed something about this site it seems like more women like beardies then us males. Which is weird bc it's usually the man chasing away various other creepy crawlies spiders, mice, earwigs, ect. I guess fat beardies with cute faces don't count lol :lol: for example my I went to spend the weekend at my grandparents house and I had no one to look after char so of course she went along for the trip tank and all! Once I get there my grandma gets terrified of her and my grandpas being his usual self slightly ignoring her hoping she won't get loose in his mason. By the end of the weekend my grandmas all like grab Charmander I want to pet her, turns out she fell in love with that little face. My grandpa too but it took him awhile.

Hey Derrick Im a guy and I love beardies but I dont even have one...... YET :D

Beardiesforthewin72

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
[/quote]Hey Derrick Im a guy and I love beardies but I dont even have one...... YET :D[/quote]
I'm glad to see someone studying before buying a dragon I jumped in head first and Char had some problems early on but I learned quick! So I lost my job today but managed to find one again! Quick right? So all is good the theater job got me through a rough patch and I met my beautiful girlfriend there. It wasn't a loss I learned that what I truly love to do is sales and I found a job doing sales. The universe always has a plan. Charmander is guess what?....... Still sleeping its been a long time now and I'm beginning to worry that something is wrong. I've tried to force her awake by removing her hides and forcing her to bask but she just has the most sorrowful face I've ever seen so I put the hides back in. She hasn't lost wieght so maybe her brumation cycle is longer than most beardies. My buddy mikes beardie Narciss is doing great eats like a maniac and sheds like crazy. I love watching him grow! I hope he's going to be big and we've pretty much squashed the whole breeding thing. He will make a great pet for mike and his daughter loves him. Well that's its for now Lora wants to watch a movie ill try and update more for you guys!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
What a lovely update! I'm so glad you found another job and I'm so glad Narciss is doing well and that he and Char will just stay friends :D don't worry about Char yet. Some take longer then others to wake up. This is only day 3 for Myah. I hated this so much, that I'll be bringing home a baby Leopard Gecko in a week or 2. Brumation sucks! :bleick: Hope you had a lovely movie date, keep us posted as always :D

ultimatecin

Beardiesforthewin72":35bts5hv said:
okay so i couldnt get a pic but i one upped you with a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjhZw3sHR_w&feature=g-upl

LOVE LOVE LOVE her nice round belly. What a beauty. You also gave me an idea. I have videos of baby Bilia in his Viv, maybe I ought to post a link. Wait till you see his environment. I went nuts and set him up for the rest of his life. He loves it, runs around from thing to thing but his favorite spot is in his hammock hanging half off; where he usually takes his afternoon nap.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Just caught up on your post. Beautiful and handsome babies you have. I really love their colorings and their cages are really nice.

Beardiesforthewin72

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you! I take pride in the way I've raised my little baby! Charmander of course is still sleeping but narciss is fat as heck compared to how he was before the change is way noticeable! Looks like it ate a tiny beach ball. Not to mention his brilliant colors he is one handsome dragon! Anyways that's it for now!

Beardiesforthewin72

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So are you ready for the biggest update in a long time!! First off I'd like to cover Charmander she's AWAKE!!!! And eating! She's still on the grogy side but awake. Now for the really big news I would like to interduce the newest member of my family:
D9761BFC-ECF3-4892-8240-0665525ED24F-1836-0000029241F382E1.jpg

It doesn't have a name and I'm not sure on sex yet but it's awesome!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom