A human and his beardie - One sleepy dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You ever get that feeling about your beardie that you just can't shake. The one where while you're sitting at work you just can't wait to hold you're beardie when you get home. Charmander and me have that connection, I picked her out at petsmarts amongst 20 babies. She was the obvious choice she stood out and didn't back down to my approaching finger like the rest of them. Instead she bared her teeth and held her tail high! I knew she was the perfect choice I'll never forget the fire in her eyes that day a spark that said "I'm a fighter and I will never give up!" Once I got her home she had calmed down and began the very stressful task of Adabting to her new home. The whole day I sat and watched her not once was she nervous or scared and not once did she show signs of stress. Even though everything was new to her she went about everything ready to take it on all at once! She grew on me faster than ever expected her firey eyes and spirit quickly became my life! More and more I found myself thinking of her, at work, in class, even when I left to go smoke outside! She had become my everything and I write this in honor of our love and companionship! As I watch her in her tank in the early morning light, fast asleep I wonder what she dreams about. I love my Charmander more than anything and as I write tears swell in my eyes, not tears of sadness but tears of love and joy. I know in my soul that the next 10 years will be the bet of my life! So here's to you lil lady, my everything, my soul mate, my best friend, my little Charmander! May are lives forever be intertwined!

Beardiesforthewin72

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I won't share what happened but depending on what happens I might not be around to take care of her. I think I've found the problem with her Buddha had pin worms so I can only assume char has them as well. A vet visit is in order but I will most likely just do a fecal and get the meds for her. Hopefully I can get her back to her old self. She's moving into a temporary home with my dads girl friend until things are figured out. Hopefully everything will work its self out and I can keep her. For now there are way to many unknowns to be sure but I'm very confident I will at least be there to visit and still be apart of her life. It's very hard to make these desicions and her ultimate fate isn't even up to me. I let her down this time but maybe one day she will forgive me.

Beardiesforthewin72

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She wanted crickets I put some in and she darted off like a bullet gobbling them all up like some Godzilla monster. Poor crickets but I hope they make chat feel better. Way too many supers I suppose she won't touch the damn things now. Anyone wanna buy some supers lol! Today I have high hopes for my future but not for chars unless I can get a better job I can't afford to hang on to her. I wish I had someone to turn too that was close to home so I could visit her then when I do get a better job take her back.

Menolly

Juvie Member
Well where do you live? Maybe you could make a deal with someone on this site or maybe they know someone nearby that could help you out with that. Don't look at the glass half empty, there's always a window even if the door is shut. Hello dull metaphors. Seriously though, some of the best people are here on this site, you never know unless you ask.

Best of luck to you.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Beardiesforthewin72":1qfm3pmc said:
I suppose does anyone live in Schaumburg, IL!
Oh, my goodness! You're so darn silly! LOL! :lol: If it comes to you parting with you're wonderful Char, you'd need to post somewhere other then your own thread! LOL! :lol: You need to 'get out more' LOL! :lol: It's a big community we all have here. :wink:

Beardiesforthewin72

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I cleaned Charmander's cage today and have been working on getting her temps perfect. I rearrange everything for her and separated the UVB from the basking side to break up the space more. She's showing signs of improvement but it's slow. I noticed her skin was wrinkly and discovered she was a tad bit dehydrated so lots of baths and plenty of spray downs for her, she seemed very thrilled about this idea! I'm also staying away from supers for some time and just sticking to cricket. Here's a pic of the new setup.
432fc53a.jpg

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Beardiesforthewin72":20v584bb said:
I started a new thread called finding a friend hopefully it will work bc posting in random theards could take forever!
That's great! If you post it, they will come! :D
Beardiesforthewin72":20v584bb said:
Here's a pic of the new setup.
That looks really nice. It's clean but natural looking :wink:

Beardiesforthewin72

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She seems to enjoy it and the temps have dropped to 101 where as before it was 123! So things are going good for her a little more signs of life! I hope she pulls out of this funk things are def going in the right direction!

Beardiesforthewin72

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I thought some time in the living room would perk Char up. At first she was like where the hell are we, but after a few minutes she took off exploring lol! My sister had this not so great idea of poking her with the sliding glass door stick. Char must of thought it was a faint snake bc she puffed, turned sideways and started to hiss I got a pic of it check it out!
b0b6f2b9.jpg

Idk WTF You are BUT BACK OFF!

Beardiesforthewin72

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So Charmander is in the middle of a shed and she's only shedding her tail and her back left leg. Can anyone shed some light on why that is. It's never happened before and it's very strange. Once again I'm worring about her like a good slave but it still seems odd. Is she done growing and that's why? Or is it bc she's not well? Either way the vet needs to take a look and get things fixed if there's things that need fixing I really wish I didn't worry so much but I guess it's love. There is some good news through all this dark haze that currently shrouds my world 1. I might be able to keep Char i I manage to quit smoking and 2. The other thing that really only Holly knows looks like is going to end in my favor. All I have to say is never again and there's a lot of things I need to work through to make sure it doesn't happen again. Today was a lot more productive for Char she got to explore the house and bask in the not so warm sun outside today at least it was in the 70's. She seemed to enjoy her trip out of the viv a lot and hopefully my step dad will let it happen more but he really doesn't like Charmander that much. She didn't eat much today but I think she's still recovering from super worm over load I still find them in her messes and I def feel bad for her. They don't fully digest so there will be no more of those evil things until she gets older and even then only as treats! I'm still worried about bringing her up to par with calcium and vitamins bc of her lack of eating the last couple of days. So I dust them every time I feed her I'm running out of powder so it's time to pick up some more. She's lost some weight durning this whole ordeal and it shows a lot. Poor thing I didn't know the supers were so hard on her! I wonder what I'm going to do with 800 I have left maybe I could find a friend who needs some to bad I'm the only person I know that has one. Not mentioning the ppl on this site bc well that's pretty much a given. Anyways I have a few more pic from earlier today so I'll get to the posting!
45d5af2a.jpg

Mmmmhhhhhh good old UV!
ab9dd277.jpg

She got very cold durning her adventures so I set her up with a basking spot in the living room she was only there for a little bit until my step dad made me put her away! I can't wait til this ordeal ends so I can move back in to my own place but god only knows how long that might take. Anyways it's time to catch a few z's (hopefully haven't slept well due to all this stress) I know this was a long post so any anwser to that shedding problem would be fantastic! Good night!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Myah sheds that way all the time. I even thought that 2 legs would be bigger then the other 2! LOL! :lol: But it all evens out. I think it's bc she's getting older and won't have to go through as many 'big sheds' :wink: I hope you do get to keep Char, I really do though if worse came to worse, you'd still always have a friend in the great white north. You quit smoking!? :shock: That's amazing! :D My hubby just quit one week ago and slowly, I'm thinking about it...maybe...LOL! :lol: I want that other issue to just go away for you. But please, learn from this. You have far too much life to live give up on yourself now. It would hurt my heart. Too much potential :wink: It's too bad that your step-dad doesn't understand. I, myself I'm known as 'that lizard lady' :roll: My hubby couldn't care less if Myah lived or died, but that's why I call her 'My Myah' Even my daughter gets bord with her and the neighbours!? Forget about it!? I'm well liked in are small town but Myah is viewed as a dangerous, misunderstood, little, spiked, monster! :angry5: Myah! Can you imagin!? :banghead: I love your pics, but if your sister 'pokes' Char again, do me a favor and give your sister a taste of her own medicine! :twisted: LOL! :lol: Keep posting my friend, best wishes, -Holly- :D

Beardiesforthewin72

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Mmmm I need to take more pics of her it seems I've been slacking a little here's a couple:
737c86af.jpg

Pancake lol shes looking at me like where can I get a pillow!
978f686f.jpg

Some dotting but I think it's cause she's! Also her claws have widdled away to nothing so she's been have a hard time climbing! But it's better than my hands getting ripped up every time I pick her up. Today we had a little unexpected head shed. She's currently still working on it her beard feels awesome to pet now lol. She's also gaining some wait back but I can see her hip bones, she's got a lot of weight to gain back. Soon she will take her first trip to the vet and im hoping it goes well bc pin worms would suck I currently lack the time to constantly clean and disinfect, but will do my best to make sure she gets better. I'll probably put her in her 20 gal with paper towel and a log to make things easier cleaning a 40 gal in a bathtubs sucks and its freaken heavy as hell. Anyways the face shed might account for loss of appattite I didn't even notice she was getting ready to go through one. Her mess this morning was a tad on the smelly side and dark brown, I need to have her pooh in something with out water bc it's very hard to tell how everything comes out since the water breaks it all up! Nasty I know but a part of every beardie slaves duties, no pun intended. I will keep posting and if I suddenly stop ask holly bc she will know, but except to keep the posts coming for now! Also I think I'm going to get a few pics of me and Char together bc I'm kinda a person without a face at the moment and also no name...... - Derrick

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Oh, sure! Leave me to explain! LOL! :lol: Just kidding. I'll just tell em' you'll be back in a while. No need to worry right now though. Now is the time to enjoy life as it is. I love your pics, and yes, I will get more when Myah's not feeeling so crumby. :wink: I just gave her last dose though and her messes look and smell 10x's better! Today she had 2 butterworms, 2silkworms and 2 hornworms. Wow! Talk about perking up! LOL! She's been a trooper and earned a treat. The nightmare may soon be over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom