A good feeder worm setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmj89

Hey folks I plan on getting a baby red leatherback dragon soon and I want to have everything he/she may need before I do. Now I am looking to start a feeder colony to cut cost on food. I don't want to do crickets because of the noise and smell and i cant do roaches because I live with too many squeamish women lol, so that leaves worms. Whats a good feeder worm colony to start for a baby dragon?

Ed707

Hatchling Member
Honestly I don't think any of the worms are worth starting a colony over, especially not for a baby. You can try to breed silkworms and phoenix worms but I think there more trouble then there worth. I've never tried to breed either and maybe somebody else can shed some more light on the subject. I'd try to convince the squeemish girls to let you start a roach colony or buy phoenix worms in bulk if worms are really your only choice. Maybe buy crickets and let them chirp all night so the girls in the house finally give in lol

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If you're getting a baby dragon, you can buy baby crickets in bulk [ about 1,000] from a company. The baby crix don't smell or make any noise. As your dragon grows bigger you can include other bugs after you research what might work best. Phoenix worms are a good choice for small to medium dragons.

Bmj89

Original Poster
AHBD":rd9ajcj4 said:
If you're getting a baby dragon, you can buy baby crickets in bulk [ about 1,000] from a company. The baby crix don't smell or make any noise. As your dragon grows bigger you can include other bugs after you research what might work best. Phoenix worms are a good choice for small to medium dragons.

Thx a lot for your input.....as the more research i do and opinions i hear crickets seem the best way to go for me right now. Think ill just buy feeders as the beardie goes through them starting out and if i decide on getting another dragon down the line ill worry about starting a colony. Thanks again for the input

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome. :) Order from a company with a good name like Great Lakes Hornworm [ they also sell crickets ] or Armstrong crickets. As long as your crix don't overheat or freeze during shipment [ that could kill some during shipment] they will have little or no smell and can kept pretty easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom