A day in the life of Hemi...a loved dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All!!!!! Let me start off my introducing you to Hemi! He is a 8 1/4 inch wittle dragon, who we have had for a month. He came from Petsmart, and in the short month that we have had him we have fallen madly in love. After we got Hemi we were on a quest to soak up as much information as we could to give this little guy the best chance of a perfect life. I was a person that couldn't even walk past the reptile tanks without squirming. Now I am proudly a bearded dragon slave! You can follow the first few weeks of Hemi's life under the Introduction section titled Tahhh Dahhhhh Meet Hemi! So enough of that...meet our sweet little Hemi!
Hemi_zps4ead8380.jpg

Sweet baby! Brand new and lots of stress marks!
Hemi2_zpseb953a19.png

Momma's little snuggle bug!
Hemibedtime09-25-12_zps54cb040e.jpg

Hemilover77

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hemi looking at beardeddragon.org
photo16_zps1fde47a3.jpg

Look Ma....I'm getting longer!
photo2_zps468c7c91.jpg

First day out Hemi riding on the dash of the Hemi Dodge !
photo18_zpsbfd05705.jpg

photo110_zps1ef2b53a.jpg

Lights on already? But I don't wannnaaaa....
photo114_zps955dacf6.jpg

Hemilover77

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So because of our love for this precious little dragon, we decided to go ahead and upgrade his tank and make him as happy as possible. We found a Reptile Expo about three hours away from our house so we set out on a road trip! I took a lot of pictures for everyone...all the pics of the Geckos are for Spike's human...I know she really loves these guys! We met a lot of very interesting people. We bought some very healthy crickets, and met a cricket breeder closer to us who is going to check into mailing us some. He was super helpful. Now I do have to say as much as we enjoyed going to the Expo and seeing all of the animals, it was almost bitter sweet. They were cramped, and I know, or at least I am hoping that it was only for the expo and they have much better living conditions at home. But I couldn't help but feel bad for them. I do hope that they ones that found new homes yesterday left with new owners that love them as much as we love our little beardies and want to give them good homes!!!! I did stick true to my word, I did not come home with any living things! Only lots of treats for Hemi's new tank! I will post pics of that too!!!! I am pretty happy with it, just have to get my temps right and get some sticky tape to hang my UVB bulb. I will have to post the pics in a couple different posts, I am having a terrible time with Photobucket loading up! And remember I am new to the reptile world so if I have any of the labeled incorrectly feel free to correct me. We saw so many things I can't remember what's what!
photo3_zps2e3ca580.jpg

Notice the larger one is wearing a necklace it's name was Bentley and it's toenails are painted red.
photo22_zps1d26abb7.jpg

Brand new baby hatchlings less than 3 days old! They should not be here!

Hemilover77

Juvie Member
Original Poster
photo19_zps15e7b937.jpg

If I could have brought home anything...this little girl would have been it! Look at her over to herself with double sexy leg!
Does it get any cuter than this??? I know she should have come to live with me...lol
photo114_zpsd80c88aa.jpg

Blue tongue skink...this little guy was awesome!

Hemilover77

Juvie Member
Original Poster
photo2_zps3171fc0d.jpg

I guess this poor guy was the saddest...he was priced at $300 and so cramped :(
photo32_zpsf00f46d8.jpg

Blue dart frogs...these babies where smaller than a quarter!

Hemilover77

Juvie Member
Original Poster
photo14_zpsa4c38af8.jpg

This frog was gorgeous!!!! I loved the coloring on him!
photo13_zpsbfdec27a.jpg

This snake was very friendly
FatBeardie_zps75fe2fba.jpg

I am not Fat!!!! :angry5: I am just fluffy!

Hemilover77

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok finally here are the pics of the new setup. I am hanging the UVB light in a few minutes. Still working on the temp, and have lots of stress marks, but he has so much more room I hope in a few days it will be smooth sailing. Any suggestions are appreciated!

photo115_zps20d054b8.jpg

photo116_zpsdbfe6d79.jpg

photo117_zps73491b21.jpg

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
VERY nice job!! Hemi's new house looks awesome! Is that tile on the bottom? That last pic of the geckos.. wow those were some pretty geckos. That turtle was adorable! I would be in so much trouble at a reptile expo!! I just know it! I have some new pictures of Spike to put up later.. its hard for me to get onto my own computer on weekends.. the kids take it over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete5775
Top Bottom