A Couple Questions About My Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
How old is your dragon? 8 1/2 Months
How long have you had your dragon? 7 Months
How long is your dragon? About 1 foot
What is the sex of your dragon? Female
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? 3x1x1 ft ( buying new cage next friday I know it's small ) :(
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? green lizard carpet stuff
Do you use UVB lights? yes
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb?
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)? exo terra brand, and wattage is 160
How old is your UVB bulb? couple months
How close can your dragon get to the UVB? 8 inches or so away from light
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? no 160 watts
What are the basking temps? 93-109 F
What is the cool side temp? 80's F
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? digital with wire and probe
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? where she basks
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? pad
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific. Crickets occasionally, Lettuce Occasionally ( if no recent bowl movements ) Most of the time eats Super worms and spinach
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? 3-5 times a day whenever she's hungry usually have worms in cage and spinach
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc? yes
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? calcium powder on all food
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? no maybe, once every 3-4 days
Do you bath your dragon? How often? yes, once a week or so
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? yes
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? no
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done? no

Hey, I have a couple questions. My beardie hasn't been eating much lately, not pooping, also very uneasy she is always running back and forth in her cage climbing up jumping, bobbing her head up and down. We things it's the small size of the cage which we will be buying a 40 gallon breeder cage in the next week or so. We have been letting her out much more than usual. Please help

What is normal amount of bowl movements a week, how many worms a day?, how much greens?, how big should the home be. Sorry, if this doesn't make sense i'm super tired. If anymore questions please ask.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
First off, welcome back !
Now here is an excellent guide to feeding your little girl healthy foods , so this may sort her out some :
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html

Now, I would suggest that since she is only 8 1/2 months that you try a variety of bugs, 2 meals a day, first one with either calcium or vitamins depending on the day.
I feed mine ( I have 3 adolescents) Dubias, turks and lots of Lobsters.
I use as a base salad, collard greens, but you can also use dandelions,mustards, however not spinach or romaine. I understand the concept of the head lettace for softening the stools, but if you maintained just those three I mentioned above, she shouldn't have hard stools. Also, go ahead and increase the # of bathes a week, as that also will help with hydrating her.

What kind of worms ? Ah, super worms. Just keep to the rule of thumb, as many as she will ingest in a 15 minute time period, looks as if you offer her plenty of protien, though go ahead and perhaps offer a variety of worms,roaches and crix to keep her interested and eating well.

I see you use a heating pad. Where do you have that situated ? If it is on the side of the enclosure, not on the bottom, that works. I am assuming ( forgive me if wrong) that the over night temps are a bit cool if using a pad ?

I see that your concern is about the amount of poo she is offering you. I think that once she is on those collards, etc, she will start giving you some right healthy poos ! Also, getting a fecal done every 6 months is always a great idea. This way you are able to monitor behaviour and able to intervene quickly when things just don't seem right.

The minimum size of viv is a 36" x 18" x 18", though many of us take the plunge and construct larger ones. Here is an example of my three, (note I am in the process now of building a 48x24x24 viv for the cute guy in the 55)

Geminipeeking.jpg

This is a 55 gallon.

IMG_0042_1.jpg

I just completed this about 2 weeks ago.

IMG_0046.jpg

This is a converted china cabinet for a handicapable dragon.

So you really can make some great vivs! I would be most pleased to send you a photo record of making that second one, so you have a guide !

I know this didn't answer specifically those questions, but I hope I gave you some practical guides so she is back to her normal loving self !

Good luck ! Oh keep us posted on her !
Janie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom