A clean bill of health for the Commissioner

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetMoggy

Hatchling Member
I took Commissioner Gordon to the vet, he is about 8 years old, and I highly doubt any of his previous owners ever took him to the vet.
News was good! The vet was so excited to see a healthy beardie :D. Apparently most of them come in pretty sad looking, and on their last legs. He was even taken on a staff tour to show how lovely he was heh, (I can brag a little right?).
Couple things, he needs to have a couple extra baths a week to ensure his femoral pores don't get impacted, as there is some debris build up, and I was given some "tooth paste" to swab on him a couple times a week. His gums are good, but starting so get some discoloration.
But here is something I'd like to note:
I had a fecal done on him, because he has what most would consider "runny poops" always really jelly like. The results were negative for all parasites! So if your beardie is well hydrated, then don't fret if he has runny poops! (but it's always good to get a fecal done just in case)

tumblr_miw5dezssE1qmyqezo1_500.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Well isn't that just great news, he sure is a handsome beardie. Yes, runny poops can mean good hydration, they just get rid of the extra water they don't need. I have a 10 year old and I'll have to check his pores, he has a bath every day, but still. I'll check the others, too, I have 5 adult male beardies, so that's great that you mentioned that.

I'm so glad he's in great health and it is great for a vet to see a beardie that's so well taken care of! Congrats on a great exam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom