A bit moreinfo for our introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

butchelsa

I posted here last evening then read some the other posts and saw that I really hadn't introduced my new kids or given background info on their coming into my life.

Over the years I've gotten dogs, cats, a guinea pig and even a horse from our animal shelter. I figure that I've got the time, space and animal love that I could handle them all. About 1 1/2 months ago I was at the shelter walking dogs and playing with kitties as I do every Saturday morning. I've had to practice saying NO before I go. Anyways,back to the topic. There were a pair of BDs that the vet guessed were about 2-3 years old and looked malnourished. I forgot to practice saying NO and left that morning with my new kids. Next, I went to a pet store in the next town and they helped (?) me out with a few habitat items. I did a bit of research and posted here with a couple Q's. (I found the care sheet later and am feeling good that I'm doing some things well but I can do better.)

With daily baths, lots of fresh greens and veggies and some organic super worms as treats, they are putting on weight and looking healthy. I'm glad to see that they've gotten use to their habitat moving around during the day, basking on the rocks, eating like little piggies, having regular poops and running up my hand to take turns sitting with me to read. (They like dinosaur books and watching TV, especially Animal Planet.)

I love to experience new pets, learning about their care and having them as companions out here in the country.

So, thanks for posting so much information and I look forward to your suggestions and yes, I do take critique well.
Again thanks. -Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom