A Beardies Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
I am wanting to know if I am doing the right thing with my bd. I get up at 6:15am and I leave the house at 8:15am. I get home about 2:00pm
I want to feed him before I leave in the morning so he doesn't have to wait until 2:00 pm to eat so that is why I turn on his light at 6:15 so he will be warmed to eat when I leave the food out before I leave. [ I feed again when I get home]
Now the problem, I want to be able to hold him when he goes to sleep but with me having kids and etc i am not always to hold him until the kids are in bed around 9:00pm which means he is not going to sleep until them.
I wnat to know is these putting to much on him being away for these hours? Should I just forget about holding him and putting him to bed earlier?
Thanks

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
how old are the kids? if they are old enough you can add them into the routine of holding him at night before he goes to bed. that way he gets handled and also gets used to the kids.

you could also just leave his salad for him in the morning and give him his bugs when you come home so he can sleep in longer to stay up longer. (unless he is till a tiny baby, then he needs his protein).

or option 3 is to put your kids to bed at 6 so you can have cuddle time with you beardie, lol. i'm joking. please don't actually do that.

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I like option two. I do normally leave salad out for him in the morning then give him some feeders when I get home. So I can put the salad in his cage then turn on his lights right before I leave? I'm just worried he would eat some before he is warmed up. If he wouldn't then that would be the perfect answer.
The kids are old enough but the two older ones have their own bds to hold. Plus my bd and I have a night time routine. Plus he tends to just run off quickly for no reason and I dont trust the boys.
Maybe Ill just put them to bed at six oclock.lol

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So to be sure, I can give him salads and turn his light on at the same time in the morning?

sue09

Hatchling Member
Why not get a timer so then you need not turn his lights on so early and you can still leave salad for when he wakes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom