A basking on top of each other question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJean

Extreme Poster
I was curious how we know that laying on top of each other on the basking spot is a dominant behavior. I tried a google search and didn't find the info.

Also curious, for those with multiple dragons in an enclosure:
If you have multiple basking spots, do they still pile on top of each other?

The questions are for my own curiousity only. ;)

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
It's not really laying on top of each other in basking it's more of a in general dominance. Think about all forms pretty much even people, if I'm bigger than you and laying on top of you while you are trying to relax, honestly how would you feel?

It's all the same, when you play king of the hill you want the top spot, and you will sit on people to show them who's boss. Usually multiple basking spots is better but dragons will want the best one and they will know which is the best one even if you don't.

LJean

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Poisoned1":299a1 said:
It's all the same, when you play king of the hill you want the top spot, and you will sit on people to show them who's boss. Usually multiple basking spots is better but dragons will want the best one and they will know which is the best one even if you don't.

I was thinking it was something similar to when children fight over who gets the window seat in the car. ;) I had to laugh about the
dragons will want the best one and they will know which is the best one even if you don't
Because I was wondering how we would know which is the best spot.
Thanks for replying. :)

rvrgirl

Lightning and LIttle bit always are on top of each other. They switch around a lot. They seem 2 like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom