911 Pregnant Beardie help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's taking forever to lay her eggs. She's had a clutch of eggs before and had absolutely no difficulties. I have been searching on here to see how long it takes from mating until the eggs are ready to be laid. She's been digging like mad for the past couple weeks. She doesn't display the negative signs of being egg bound, like having a black beard. But she doesn't have an appetite. She's very active and alert. There is a lay box in her cage and she likes to "play" in it, but not to lay in it.

sweeteagurl2008

Original Poster
I had wished for a reply. I hope my beardie is ok. But I have had 19 views and no help or suggestions to make sure she is ok and that I don't need to bring her to the vet.

zoemay

i dont know weather i will be of much help but im guessing any help you will appreciate..... have you tried just giving her a huge mound of soil in the hot side of her viv, when my female is getting ready to lay i just throw a 10l bag of soil into her viv, pile it up and pat it down hard and then cover the front of her viv over to stop her getting distracted with the outside of her viv and then i basically leave her to it...... its worked the two times that she's laid for me now and it only toke her two days at the most for her to lay since i put the stuff straight in her viv. hope that helps :?

sweeteagurl2008

Original Poster
Thank you so much. I appreciate your response. I was feeling kinda betrayed by the BD.org peoples in them not helping me when I needed it. I had set a box with vermiculite in half of her cage a couple weeks ago. She finally laid them today however in the substrate of her cage lol. She laid 18 large healthy looking eggs and it only took her 6 weeks. I had read it took 3 weeks so I was very worried about her becoming eggbound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom