8 Year Old Beardie Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

singtoyou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Wow Thank you so much Nexus for that wonderful writing to me. I will take into consideration all what you said.
It all makes very good sence.
I am taking pictures of Jack every Day to see improvement and I have seen dramatic change since the 8th of February here.
I will place them in order so you can see.

THese 2 pictures: 1 & 2 are before I started making the food & lighting changes Jack looked terrible.
0daysoftreating.jpg

0days.jpg

THis picture: is the first day of change in the evening time
1dayafterfeedLightchanges.jpg

THese pictures: are the 2nd day after changeing food & lighting.
2days.jpg

2daysnitetime.jpg

THese pictures: are today 3rd day after all the changes so far.
3rdday.jpg

3days.jpg

He was in such bad shape that I think his body is adapting really well and fast to all
my changes I am making for him.

I am going to keep taking daily pictures of Jack to see how much he is improving everyday.
Thanks to all.
I thought those of you who have been seeing me through all this would like to see these
pictures of him. The first ones I am ashamed of....but at least I know what I need to do
for him now.
THanks SingToYou :blob5: :blob8:

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
I have to say Jack is looking so much better in such a short amount of time. I do enjoy seeing the pics of him... :D

Please stop feeling so ashamed of how you were caring for Jack. You had all the best intentions, just didn't have the knowledge. When I first visited this site 6 months ago I learned so much more than I ever expected to about bearded dragons. For instance, I was always told beardies don't need water(which I thought rather strange). We were bathing Rex(bd) about once a week,only because she enjoyed taking showers with my son. I know better now and she gets a shower daily. We live and we learn !!! So don't beat yourself up anymore...you are on the right track with Jack now and that's all that matters.

By the way, I visited that site on your sig. Are you Larry ?

Dawn

singtoyou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi Dawn,
No My name is Josie I take care of the advertising for Larry's Music. I put out a monthly newsletter for the company
and radio ad's. Thanks for visiting. And thanks for saying what you have been saying. You Know I am feeling better
each day because of Jack. To see him doing so well is really remarable. His whole attitude has changed. He has not acted
so happy and alert alert alert in I don't know how long.
I feel like I have went back years with him.
You know what you said about the water...spraying Jack with a spray bottle everyday was the only way I could get him to
drink. For all these years. And then about last year I guess it was...I decided to stop doing that. And that ceramic bowl
at the bottom of his home...well, I fill it full of water everyday. He goes over to it and puts his face in it and sucks it up
looks almost like he is using a straw. He doesn't lap it up like a dog or cat, he sort of sucks it up. It's fun to watch.
But I havn't sprayed him with water for drinking purposes in a long time. Even when he swims around in the tub he doesn't
seem to drink then either. I gotta tell ya some of the stories that I hear on here really blow me away. like I never new that
people wrapped up their beardies at night in little blankets. That is just too cute, and now you saying that your son takes showers
with yours. That is just too fun. I love it.

Well thanks for the comments

Thanks Dawn

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hi Josie,

It's been nice talking(typing) to you.It's nice to put a name to the words. I can really tell in your words the excitement you are feeling about Jack's progress. I am excited for you. :blob5: Everyone on this site are true beardie lovers..so with that being said "Welcome Aboard" !! :D

Dawn

singtoyou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks Dawn,
Yeah I am excited. I said is a few past post, that I would send pictures of Jack 1 month from now :p
Yeah Right! I went and sent them every day so far. I do just love this little guy. I told me husband
I will always have a bearded dragon for as long as I live.
I use to be into iguana's and when I went into the pet store I went in to buy an iguana, and I came
out with Jack. And I am so glad I did. Iguanas are still my most favorite looking Lizard. I just love how
big they get. But all in all I love the look and the personality of the beardies 300 percent more. I have
had two iguana before and care you give the is so different from beardies too.
I wish they could get bigger but maybe someday I will have a bigger one later down the road.
Thanks Dawn
Type to ya later :mrgreen: :study:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I posted on your other thread. Jack is looking much better now. :D
I think that he could be a hybrid just because his scaling is a little different. Perhaps he has some Rankins in him, which is possible.
Keep up the great work, & let us know what else we can do for you.

Tracie

singtoyou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Don't know what you mean by Rankins? Is that a certain beardie, I'll have to look that up.
If you are refering to the White sort of stripe on his back?? Are you?? If so, that white mark down
his back was from about 5 years ago he contracted some kind of a fungus and when it healed up
and scabbed off it turned white like that and has been that way for all these years. I tell people
he has Vetiligo just like me! :lol: I have Vetitligo on my hands, knees and elbows, it's were the pigment
is gone from the skin and it is just white there. So Jack and I are made for each other :p
If that wasn't what you were refering too. Well you just found out something else about Jack.
If it wasn't the white on his back, what were you meaning?
Thanks
Josie

singtoyou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I just went to google to look up Rankins Dragon.
Wow the images are just like Jack, some of those babies look just like he did. Very interesting
Do you know if the Rankins Dragons are smaller than regular beardies?

singtoyou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I read on the Rankin Dragons, and they are like dwarf dragons I guess. Jack may well have some of that in him
but I don't think he has all of that in him. Because he is a bit bigger than what most people are writing about.
His head at the base behine his ears is 2 inches and from snout to tail he is 14 inches. But that was very interesting
to read up on. Because I always had wondered why he was never getting very big.
Thanks

singtoyou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi Dawn,
We had a real good day today.
How are you doing? Could you show me some pictures of you beardie or beardies?
Josie

singtoyou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh Those are great Pictures Dawn.
Wow You take very good care of your baby don't you!
Do You think Jack will ever fill out like that. I don't think he'll grow anymore
but I'm hoping he will fill out like that!!!!
So Beautiful. I absolutly love the one with the weights...That one should be shown to all.

Where do you go to put pictures. The only place I could find was up top here in Visitor Photos and
there are a couple thousand. could you tell me where to go and what to do?
I'm glad you got on here tonight!
Thanks Josie

singtoyou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Let me see if I can help you for a change here.
I'll try to help you get your avatar going.
1. Go to your profile
2. click "Edit Avatar"
3. click "Browse"
4. a window comes up and then go to your pictures in your computer and find a picture you want
to use. But it must be tiny. If not it won't work.
If you use photo bucket. Click Browse in your photo bucket and upload a picture set at "tiny" it will be the
100x75 and that will work for you.
If you don't use photo bucket. I am not sure how to get your picture into an avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom