7 month old food lover gone off food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReptile838

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone,
My Beardie, Mojo is 7 months old and is usually hungry 24/7, constantly wants food. She eats a waxworm every now and then, usually has brown crickets and if they don't have any she has hoppers which she seems to love (but I don't 0_0). She always loved her crickets though. As soon as I got her she never chased them, she had to be hand fed with tongs, but I try to get her to chase the tongs and it's slowly working. But the shop had no brown crickets so we got black and then she started going off them. We got them at the weekend and she ate some but not much. Yesterday she had none in the morning so I decided to give her a waxworm. She ate that as she adores them. So later that day I went out to get Brown crickets, her usual and offered her that (the shop doesn't stock up until Wednesday's) and she still didn't take them. I bought some Morio worms and thought I'd try them with her and she loved the feisty little things. I gave her 4 (wasn't sure how many she should have as they are huge things.
I know that bearded dragons are built to survive a long time without food but do you think there is a reason why? Do you think it's just a case of having too much of something that she went off it? She eats different things too, she did have her whole bowl of greens yesterday as well.
If she doesn't eat any crickets this morning then I'll order phoenix worms online or silkworms. She has had phoenix's before and she rather liked them (once had 45 D=)
Any idea what's going on?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....how big is she ? Some dragons eat ravenously and get big quickly, then they sort of put the brakes on and become picky. It's as if they are nearing adult size and the body is telling them they don't need all that sustenance. Plus it's a time when many beardies, even some sub adults, can slow down in their eating for a while and then get back more of an appetite even if they don't actually brumate. Do you have a few pics of her [ full body shots ] and her set up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom