7 month beardie on Craigslist ad- Memphis, TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilyvandort

Hatchling Member
Saw this on craigslist this morning. "He" because they think it's a he is in a 10 gallon aquarium, I didn't see a UVB light fixture in the picture. And he looks too small to be 7 months old. But maybe I just have a misconstrued idea of a size of a 7 month old because our beardie was fairly big at 7 months. ::shrug:: I just hope someone takes him home with them! :)

http://memphis.craigslist.org/pet/2574563535.html

SunShine

Juvie Member

Thats so terrible. I do like how he said live food though. Poor Horus came in a ten gal at just under a year old. 12 inches, now 14. We fear his growth is going to be stunted permanently though.

Emilyvandort

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah the live food part is good but I wonder if he's getting enough since they said if he's hungry he'll nip your fingers.

I wish we could take him home with us. But my fiancé says we don't have room.

Phoebe

Hatchling Member
By the written discription he seems to have tried quite hard to give the BD proper care and seems to care what home he goes to, obviously the 10gal is awful and that should of been researched but it could be a lot worse. Lets hope he gets a good home

Emilyvandort

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Phoebe":23igyrct said:
By the written discription he seems to have tried quite hard to give the BD proper care and seems to care what home he goes to, obviously the 10gal is awful and that should of been researched but it could be a lot worse. Lets hope he gets a good home

Very true it could be a lot worse.

Rud3Bwoy

Sub-Adult Member
what's wrong with a 10 gallon?i house my last 2 in a 10 gallon with no issues and would move them into a bigger viv later on

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
I think a 20 gallon long is the bare minimum that should be used for a baby beardie. Getting the proper temp gradient is almost impossible in such a short tank.

Rud3Bwoy

Sub-Adult Member
herpgirl2510":2lacwed8 said:
I think a 20 gallon long is the bare minimum that should be used for a baby beardie. Getting the proper temp gradient is almost impossible in such a short tank.

I actually get perfect temps with a 10 gallon using a 45 watt bulb

Some people just over exaggerate things,like omg you need a 4x2x2 for a single adult berdie

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
We will have to agree to disagree on that one. I am looking at Peggy in her 4x2x2 enclosure and at 19" she looks to big for it. I feel they should have room to move around and be comfortable. I love spoiling all my reptiles and I want them to be as happy as possible.

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
I saw abeardie the other day that was 24 inches nose to tail tip. The owner was proud to have her in a custom 6 x 3 x 2. Said he wished he could do bigger but he gives her lots of exercise to make up for the CRAMPED quarters. Beardies are living things that need room. A ten gallon is like a studio apartment only they never leave unless taken out. I feelmy 4 x 2 x 2 is like a flat :D If she needs it I will build her a suite (6 x 3 x 2 ) LOL!

evanescent

Juvie Member
Carnivorouszoo":3ua4r7du said:
The owner was proud to have her in a custom 6 x 3 x 2. Said he wished he could do bigger but he gives her lots of exercise to make up for the CRAMPED quarters.
that guy, whoever he is, is my hero. O_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom