65 degrees at night too low

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccallumpiper

Hatchling Member
Has anyone noticed if the temps get around 65 at night it takes your beardie a long time to get going in the morning? Last night I left the window open in my bedroom it got to 65 and today at 2 o clock she still didnt come out of her sleeping spot. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that maybe its a little too low

I think for the most part it is okay...mine does seem to take a little longer in the morning to get active if it is colder at night (same happened here...we keep the window open at night and it has gotten a little cooler than normal...nothing below 65). I will usually hold him after he has had about 30 minutes or so to soak up the heat from his lights. That usually will make him more active and he will usually go on to eat his breakfast and/or poo! BUt it should still be fine as long as it doesn't ever dip below 65...too many nights in a row at 65 might be getting to where you can't leave the window open at night anymore. (My wife said I can't open the window anymore after last night...she gets way cold easily...)

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
How old is your beardie? The nighttime temp is probably not the problem. Your beardie is either starting to brumate, or may be showing signs of illness. Read Denise's article on brumation, http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/brumation/ It's long, 11 pages, but gives you a good idea of what's going on. If it isn't brumation, post on the Health or ER forums and they can give you more direction. I hope this helps.

mccallumpiper

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thank you guys i dont think she is old enough to brumate and I did treat her for parasites but she still doesnt eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom