5am Freak Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieNewbie15

Hatchling Member
This happened a few weeks ago, but I haven't had much time to ask anyone about it. Finally I get my chance, hopefully you guys have some ideas.

A few weeks ago around 5am I woke up because I heard a strange bumping/tapping sound. I looked over and Sheila (my 1.9yr old rescue bd) was sprinting back and forth in her tank and bumping her nose into the glass. Sheila is usually a pretty laid back lizard...she doesn't move a whole lot and certainly doesn't run! So I watched her for a few minutes to see if she would calm down but she just kept moving and running. I didn't know what to do so I took her out and tried to calm her down. I had her out for about half an hour before she finally settled down.

This has only happened this one time...but if it happens again is there anything else I can do? Why did it happen in the first place?
Thanks!

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
She could have spotted a shadow that looked like something yummy. Or of course it could be hormones. Its still summer so she could still be hitting that over-excitied phase.
If its just a one time thing I wouldnt worry :]

BeardieNewbie15

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It just happened the one time...oh no i hope she doesn't need to lay eggs! Should I make a digging box just incase or do you think shes okay now?

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
if its just happened the once dont worry about a digging box. when they have eggs they are crazy 24/7 :]

BeardieNewbie15

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh okay, *FEWF*! Okay so I guess I will just keep an eye on her and hope this doesn't happen again. (I like my sleep!! :lol: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom