50 CRICKETS A DAY???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so there is NO way I can keep or afford enough crickets for my beardie to eat 50 a day, and that amount just seems ridiculous. he's no more than four inches, and is doing just fine on 4 crickets in the morning and some chopped up carrots/broccoli in the afternoon.
Why would I need to feed him 50 CRICKETS A DAY.
That seems so ridiculous. :banghead:

XiDiS

Juvie Member
why another thread..... what is it about this forum that people think each question needs a new thread? wouldnt it be easier to just ask this same question in your other thread with 9 replies already?

Each dragon is different... but you should be feeding him 2-3 times a day and offering him as many crickets as HE wants to eat in 10-15 mins. NOT what you think he will be 'good' on. Its just like a human baby.... at this size its the MOST important time to make sure he gets all the nutrients and protein that he can for proper development. Cut corners now and you will have an unhealthy pet in the future and you will not enjoy him as much i guarantee it. The crickets he should be eating should be no bigger than the space between his eyes. And at that small 30+ crickets is not a whole lot.

Harley

Hatchling Member
If you think it's to much money to feed your Bd 50 crickets a day then you may want to let someone else adopt him. As a beardie owner you can look forward to spending about 30-50 a month if you buy all the feeders. My baby eats about 1100 dubia nymphs a month.
4 crickets a day is only enough to ensure that your beardie will have a short unhappy life while it wastes away.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
I agree with finding someone to adopt him if you can't afford the proper care. I have seen some people's baby beardies eat 60+ crickets a day. Only feeding him 4 a day will slowly starve him to death. He needs to be eating live feeders twice a day, as many as he can eat in 15 minutes.

MsWanda10166

Hatchling Member
I agree, your poor little dragon is gonna starve if you do not feed more. There are ways to cut down on cost. you can feed dubia roaches, and raise them yourself. You can also breed crickets, and there are how to's on this forum to help with that. Have you researched what size of food your dragon should have? Have you read a book on bearded dragons? Does your dragon have the right light? Seriously you are gonna kill the poor thing, if you do not take care of him. If you do not want your dragon, because you can not afford it, then let us know, and we will find it a good home.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Usernamesarehard":1bitomnu said:
Ok so there is NO way I can keep or afford enough crickets for my beardie to eat 50 a day, and that amount just seems ridiculous. he's no more than four inches, and is doing just fine on 4 crickets in the morning and some chopped up carrots/broccoli in the afternoon.

Not at all fine on 4 crickets. That is going to stave the baby

You could try breeding feeders. About $30 gets you started on some adults and if you feed them well and keep them warm, they breed prolifically.

drakedragon

Juvie Member
Usernamesarehard":c3b1ze9f said:

if you cant even afford or be bothered to buy food for your beardie or feed it the correct amount then you shouldnt have one. ive only had my beardie 4 weeks (coming upto 5) and ive probably spent over £100 just on food. and they need to eat loads as babies as they are growing alot. so far jayden (my beardie) has grown about 4" and put on at least 30 grams in the time ive had her. and im not being mean but if you had done your research you would know how much a baby bearded dragon should be fed everyday.

ive had jayden just over 5 weeks and ive worked out ive spent close to £200 now just on food.

Momomo

Hatchling Member
my only question is: WHAT Deleted epithph, pls note PG 13 site, added by moderator were you thinking when you got a baby beardie in the first place? Did you even do some research? Clearly not, because if you did then you would have known that baby beardies need a lot of food, and you would have assessed your financial situation before getting one. Poor beardie, this makes me so mad. Why do people get pets, if they can't afford to care for them??

brittani299

Extreme Poster
I think we need to stop being mean to him. He is probably a younger person and didnt know. We all make mistakes in life. Lets try to help him!!!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
He has post multiple threads and turns down help or advice. Makes one post and then never answers back. I was trying to be nice in another thread, but he really doesn't seem to want help.Like this post he really is not asking for help, just ranting about how feeding them that much is ridiculous.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Lindz0518":2li6cnso said:
He has post multiple threads and turns down help or advice. Makes one post and then never answers back. I was trying to be nice in another thread, but he really doesn't seem to want help.Like this post he really is not asking for help, just ranting about how feeding them that much is ridiculous.

I know I also have been answering his posts as well. It just isn't cool that we keep harassing him.

XiDiS

Juvie Member
It isnt harassment... he NEEDS to know what to do.. because he obviously didnt do much research before buying. And IMO those are the worst kinda pet owners. I have been on these forums and others for over a month now and i still have yet to go and buy my dragon. The main reason being i wanted to make sure i was prepared for EVERYTHING including the cost of feeding him/her properly. If he sees it as harassment then so be it... but if it makes him think and possibly give the dragon to someone who can take care of him or it motivates him to figure something out on his own its well worth the 'harassment'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom