5 foot wooden cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilYoul

Ok guys so I just purchased a 5 ft long by 3 ft wide by 2 ft tall cage for my bearded dragon. And I've been looking around at light fixtures and I was curious if a T12 light fixture from lowe's would work with a reptisun 10.0 uvb bulb? Oh and also whats the distance of the uvb like how far does this bulb put it off for the reptile? And for the basking lights could I wire up a regular house hold fixture? I'm still pretty new with this stuff as you can tell lol

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
I wouldn't get a t12 for it. They are phasing out all bulbs in that size. I would go t8. Closest distance should be 6" from the dragon to the bulb.

A regular household fixture would work fine for the basking light

EvilYoul

Original Poster
Hm. really well does lowes usually carry the t8 fixture? I haven't decided which size fixture to get for a cage this size I was thinking maybe a 36 to 48 inch fixture and one that I could hook a chain to so I could lower it down if i had to as well

DragonsNDoodles

Juvie Member
They carry them, but they are really complicated to put together. You have to wire them and all that junk. I got frustrated at the ones I bought so I returned them and bought a reptisun fixture from petmountain.com

For a 5 foot viv, I'd go with a 48 inch bulb. The basking spot should be 6-8 inches from the bulb. And I don't know about rigging a household lamp for the basking bulb. It would have to be heat resistant and all that. But if it works, great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom