4x2x2 dubiaroaches enclosure

LilReptar

Beardie name(s)
Mu
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find a thread answering this. has anyone bought the 4x2x2 enclosure from dubiaroaches.com with the 3sided background (either ledge or regular)? and if so, do the sides obstruct the cable holes that are on the enclosure? it looks really cool and i know my Mu would love climbing on it but i want to be prepared to change the set up if i end up purchasing it. or maybe should just go with the back only and not the sides?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find a thread answering this. has anyone bought the 4x2x2 enclosure from dubiaroaches.com with the 3sided background (either ledge or regular)? and if so, do the sides obstruct the cable holes that are on the enclosure? it looks really cool and i know my Mu would love climbing on it but i want to be prepared to change the set up if i end up purchasing it. or maybe should just go with the back only and not the sides?
There have been several people on the forum that have bought the tanks from dubia but I am not sure which ones they purchased --

LilReptar

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mu
There have been several people on the forum that have bought the tanks from dubia but I am not sure which ones they purchased --
the question is more directed towards the background they sell for it. I have the enclosure already but looking for new ways to make it more fun for my little guy.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
the question is more directed towards the background they sell for it. I have the enclosure already but looking for new ways to make it more fun for my little guy.
Ok yeah dont know what they are using --- see who responds

LilReptar

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mu

Dinky26

Beardie name(s)
Mango
We have said background and enclosure.
We just don’t have that 3rd side in.
I don’t see why you couldn’t just either run the cords up over or under the top or bottom edge or even drill a hole through the background.
We don’t have our Beardie in this enclosure yet, we have our BTS in there with in a month of getting her the enclosure we had her in was to small.

Last edited:

LilReptar

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mu
We have said background and enclosure.

We just don’t have that 3rd side in.

I don’t see why you couldn’t just either run the cords up over or under the top or bottom edge or even drill a hole through the background.

Okay exactly what i was wondering. Thank you. I just didn't know if it came with precut holes or if I would have to do it myself.

Dinky26

Beardie name(s)
Mango
Gotta love technology
I had to click on the reply to see what you said
Maybe it’s cause I edited it don’t know
Awesome company/store, not affiliated with them either just in the same town.

LilReptar

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mu
Thanks for the input. I'm not crafty enough to make my own like I see some people do. Do you apply silicone to adhere it to the enclosure or use something else?

Dinky26

Beardie name(s)
Mango
We used super strong velcro. This way in the event you have to take it apart you can. If silicone or the such it makes it kinda hard.
If your background you end up getting is curved and not so straight such as ours was. Spend a little extra time straightening it out before putting it in the enclosure.
Ours was a bit curved and wish I would have spent a bit more time straightening it out. It was bad enough our BTS (blue tongue skink) was trying to climb behind it.

Dinky26

Beardie name(s)
Mango
I’ll be keeping tabs on this forum should you have any other questions.
This is what it looks like with two of the three sides up.
I’m blessed with the ability to build one so, now that I have the time to build one for Mango, unlike when we got our BTS.
E542E0EF-3BC2-4732-BAC4-C207E5DCE914.jpeg

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom