48 X 14 X 31 enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrAgO23

Quick question...yes im new. Just got a used 90 gallon glass tank for my soon to be bearded dragon, being that its too tall ( :blob5:,31" tall to be exact) will it get the air circulation in need inside the tank? also, any suggestion on decorations, lighting height, etc? Any help will be appreciated...

Sdudley

I dont think air circulation will be a problem. I think the 14 inches wide will be more of an issue later down the road. As for decorations...keep it simple. I used newspaper as substrate, easy to change out and keep clean. I used a basking rock, and a nice branch, and thats about it. Lighting height all depends on temps at the basking spot, you want to see 100-110 degrees, any height that gives you that at the basking spot is good. As for the uvb height, if its a repti-sun 10.0 20 inches is the max distance, reptisun 5.0 i think is like 16. those are very important, i keep mine within 12 inches of the branch, that way the get enough uv's.

hartungs

Hatchling Member
Welcome to the forum! You will find many nice people on here who are very educated on beardie care. I think one of the best things that you can do is take some time and use the search function on this site. I have found answers to almost all of my questions by doing this, plus reading all of the posts has given me some other ideas.

As an example, for your tank, you may consider removing the back glass panel and then laying the tank on its front. Have the piece of glass cut to fit in the area that used to be the top. Then you would have a very functional 48x31x14 vivarium. There is a thread that describes how some have done this.

I hope this helps and welcome again to the forum.

DrAgO23

Original Poster
Yeh nope, its 14" wide/deep>>>

glitch_in_the_system":035a8 said:
Your 90 gallon is only 14 inches wide? I have one that I no longer use and I could have sworn it was more like 18 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom