40 breeder vs 75 gallon

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbi1655

My first beardie came to me in a 75 gallon tank. It's nice and large. A little too large as it's difficult for me to reach inside and to the floor of it. I have to stand on a stool. I have to pull out the bigger stool if I really want good access to it's floor. :)

My new guy came with a 40 breeder. Wow. I like this one so much better. Since it's not so tall, I can really access it better.

Putting Franks place on something lower would help, I know, but I think the height will still be really noticeable.

Frank would lose 12 inches of length. Would he notice it that much? Is downsizing as bad of an idea as I think it is?

Barb

he will notice the diffrence in size quick. i suggest you keep the 75 gallon tank and start saving some money to buy a critter condo or some other type of cage that has sliding windows in the front of it. they give you way better axcess to your reptiles and everything in it. you can even sell your 75 gallon tank after you get your new cage to save some money.

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
if you are NOT looking to buy anything and are just wondering which of the two that currently have then I would say the 75g because it has more sq.ft of floor space. But, like bestcrickets said, a tank/cage with a front opening would be best.

hartungs

Hatchling Member
Barb,

I remember reading a post that had details on how to convert a tank such as yours to something that is more beardie friendly. Basically, you would take your 75 gallon tank and lay it on its front. Then, remove what was the old back glass to make the opening for the new top. Have that piece of glass cut to fill in the space that was the old top and viola.... Now you have a lot more surface area with a larger opening that is not so high. It may be something to look into...

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
hartungs":006f4 said:
Barb,

I remember reading a post that had details on how to convert a tank such as yours to something that is more beardie friendly. Basically, you would take your 75 gallon tank and lay it on its front. Then, remove what was the old back glass to make the opening for the new top. Have that piece of glass cut to fill in the space that was the old top and viola.... Now you have a lot more surface area with a larger opening that is not so high. It may be something to look into...

I believe this is the thread you are looking for.

viewtopic.php?t=99754

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom