4 times to the Vet in a Week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Terrific, that sounds good. Hopefully those levels will be better. :D It sounds like she is doing better now.
I hope she is feeling more energetic! Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

MelissaWI

Original Poster
Drache613":lg1un010 said:
Hello,

Terrific, that sounds good. Hopefully those levels will be better. :D It sounds like she is doing better now.
I hope she is feeling more energetic! Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

She's acting pretty lazy today. Is it normal with the meds? Like really lazy and down, still eating for me but down in the dumps like.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, the meds do cause lethargic behavior & can make them sleepy, too. They just stress their system but hopefully the meds will metabolize without too much side effects. Be sure she is nice & warm in her tank overnight to help boost her system too.

Tracie

MelissaWI

Original Poster
MelissaWI":nzjn4pkz said:
Drache613":nzjn4pkz said:
Hello,

The uric acid should come down on its own if it was caused from dehydration. If there is a secondary reason such as gout, then if they don't come down on their own you can consider allopurinol, if necessary. Hopefully it will just come down naturally as she gets better & holds her hydration status.
You could give some Black cherry juice to help out with uric acid levels, too.
She looks great in her picture, too.

Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

I got a problem, her urates are very small with shiny glitter looking crystals in them, the pic don't show it well, but there is a lot of extra water as well everytime she goes.. what can I do and what is this? http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/tinkerbellphat/tinkerbellphat009/unnamed.jpgttyyuuuiio.jpg

I will thanks, she goes back in next week for more blood work to see how things are coming along.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad she is doing better.
Her urates may be a little off just due to medications. The medications can & do cause stool irregularity most of the times. Hopefully she will start having more normal urates that are solid instead of so much water being excreted.
Let us know how the blood tests come out, too & how she is doing.

Tracie

MelissaWI

Original Poster
Drache613":3w58r24z said:
Hello,

I am glad she is doing better.
Her urates may be a little off just due to medications. The medications can & do cause stool irregularity most of the times. Hopefully she will start having more normal urates that are solid instead of so much water being excreted.
Let us know how the blood tests come out, too & how she is doing.

Tracie

Ty, do you know how many CC's I should be giving her of fluid now? I give her 11CC's a day still.
I been putting her greens in a blender with spring water making it able to use a syringe. I really want her to just eat them out of the bowl again. How do I wean her off this? She will not drink just water. She hates it. Is there something I can use to flavor it so she will drink it, but yet still encourage her to eat her greens? Or should I continue to syringe the greens for now still? I worry about her acid levels still... Should I get some black cherry juice? Idk I'm so paranoid.. LOL She isn't doing the bad breathing anymore, but just feel like her skin still looks wrinkled as if she isn't keeping the hydration if that makes any sense at all. Should I do more pedialite?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is plenty of fluids for her, how is she doing on that?
I am glad she is breathing better too, she must be feeling perkier!
You can get some black cherry juice, it wouldn't hurt her at all, she would probably like the taste.
Have you tried feeding solid greens yet? The best way to wean them off of syringe feeding is to gradually decrease the amount until their own appetite comes back.
If she doesn't like the flavor, you could get the black cherry juice to mix with it & that should help out.
If she still looks dehydrated, you can definitely give pedialyte baths, absolutely. Does she like her baths also?

Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It sounds like she's getting plenty of fluids, actually much more than an average dragon. Keep in mind that since she is not eating well, she will look wrinkly because her skin is not filled out by the volume that she would normally have. Just like a person losing weight may have excess skin hanging, not from being dehdrated.

MelissaWI

Original Poster
MelissaWI":37mst13o said:
Drache613":37mst13o said:
Hello,

The uric acid should come down on its own if it was caused from dehydration. If there is a secondary reason such as gout, then if they don't come down on their own you can consider allopurinol, if necessary. Hopefully it will just come down naturally as she gets better & holds her hydration status.
You could give some Black cherry juice to help out with uric acid levels, too.
She looks great in her picture, too.

Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

I will thanks, she goes back in next week for more blood work to see how things are coming along.

Hi dear what is this? her urate is just tiny, formed but tiny and then this? is it dehydration or blood? I'm scared. 2 pics one is in the tub, the other I took the part of I am concerned about to take a pic. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/tinkerbellphat/tinkerbellphat010/11403221_618917741577657_3230875451910187849_n.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/tinkerbellphat/tinkerbellphat010/10931118_618917281577703_6685631256047855384_n.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That looks pretty normal. Sometimes urates appear stringy like that. Was it hard or soft? They could be discolored simply from all of the fluids & foods you are giving to her.
How is she doing today, is she showing any improvement on eating?
I hope she is starting to feel better. Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

MelissaWI

Original Poster
Drache613":2me83nsk said:
Hello,

That looks pretty normal. Sometimes urates appear stringy like that. Was it hard or soft? They could be discolored simply from all of the fluids & foods you are giving to her.
How is she doing today, is she showing any improvement on eating?
I hope she is starting to feel better. Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

Yes she is eating bugs fine, I gave her some hornworms for some fluids today after seeing that, was worried. but her urates are still small. cut down on the fluid by mouth and trying to get her to eat her salads. she will eat a few bites on her own, then I give her some in a syringe after she stops because it's still not enough. I am glad it is normal, It scared me to death as I never seen anything like it before. It was soft.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great she is eating right now & doing pretty well! :D
The urates can certainly do strange things sometimes. If they are really hydrated they can really get watery & or stringy like that.
Hopefully she will start eating her greens & salads more frequently once she is feeling back to normal.
Let us know how she is doing!

Tracie

MelissaWI

Original Poster
I made a really odd discovery and wanted to share it with you. I had a feeling but I didn't want to say anything until I knew for sure, as I don't like to put false information out anywhere. Because of the negative gram rod fecal, I wanted to somehow put together how she could of gotten it. The discovery is very scary. I have a few people working on a report right now to put it all together and have found some pretty terrifying stuff about Silkworms being able to transmit this bacteria. I found the study and handed it over to some biology people to dig into it deeper. There was a research done a few years back, I went back to some forum where people believed their dragons to be getting ill, and one of the sellers, one who admitted to having a outbreak told the customers it was nothing to worry about and their dragons could not get sick. The symptoms matched what I was going through with my girl. I want you to take a look at this, as I said some people are working on a report right now and are going through tons of information and I asked if I was jumping the gun with this and after further investigation they promised me I am not. I want to get this out there to as many people as I can, because the mediation needed to help treat it is not one you would use for a RI which the symptoms can mimic. So Please read this.. http://www.academicjournals.org/article/article1380022909_Zhang%20et%20al.pdf

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow, that's an eye-opener ! I've never heard anything about this.....Pretty alarming, it's good for everyone who feeds silkworms to be aware of this. Good that you posted this info !

MelissaWI

Original Poster
AHBD":135iaot0 said:
Wow, that's an eye-opener ! I've never heard anything about this.....Pretty alarming, it's good for everyone who feeds silkworms to be aware of this. Good that you posted this info !

It surely is... And a normal regular fecal can not pick it up, Like people that do in groups, I hear not all vets even have the equipment and have to mail off, so once I get the full report I will post it to you here when it is done, because you have to sometimes ask for them to test for it to even know that they do have this bacteria.. That is what I am getting so far from it all. I am just glad my vet had the stuff and was smart enough to test for it. Even though even herself didn't connect that with her symptoms, she still got the right meds for it, and I doubted her and went and got her on RI meds that were not even needed :/ I will keep you updated. She is doing well, but I have 8,000 silkworms here and afraid to feed any of them until I get this report back, bad thing is I have contacted a place in texas to see if they will test my colonys. They don't start showing symptoms if they have them until later instars by that time they could of been fed off and people don't even know they are feeding sick silks.. It's scary :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom