4 month old eating questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajsundo

My 4 month old Arooga loves these very little meal worms. I try to feed him crickets as much as possible but he seems to be spoiled and sometimes won’t eat until I give him a worm or two. He’ll eat probably up to 20 crickets a day but just loves the worms. I was wondering how other people’s babies like crickets? Also how much they like the worms... He also absolutely loves carrots. I put very tiny pieces into his little dish with some water so he’ll get hydrate while eating the carrots. I have also only tried cucumbers and he didn’t touch them. I was wondering what other kinds of vegetables people are feeding to their babies so I can expand his vegetables.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Just a little feeding guide I created for myself for most life stages. By the way you need to cut him completely off of mealworms till he's at least 6 months. They are very hard to digest for a young beardie and he needs tons of protein not fat. Mealworms have I believe 12% fat with crickets having around 6%. Which isn't too much fat but the chitin is way too hard for them to handle and causes digestive issues usually compared to other safer staple feeders.

All life stages eat 10-20 bugs a feeding.
1-4 months 3x a day.
4-12 months 2x a day.
12-20 months once a day.
20+ months twice a week at the least, every other day at the most.

Staple feeders - Crickets, locusts, grasshoppers, silkworms, black soldier fly larvae, dubia roaches, turkish roaches, possibly earthworms.

Treat feeders - Waxworms, hornworms, superworms, mealworms, butterworms.
Wax worms - once a week, 4-5 max.
Hornworms - every other day to every two days, 4-6 max.
Mealworms - every other day to every two days, 5-10 max. Only for beardies above 6 months.
Superworms - once or twice a week, 3-4 max. Only for beardies above 12 months.
Butterworms - once or twice a wee, 3-4 max.

Daily greens- Turnip/collard/mustard greens, endive, and kale if added to a mixture of the other staple greens mentioned.
Fruit once or twice a week - Banana, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, red raspberries.
For more food items -
http://www.thebeardeddragon.org/bearded-dragon-nutrition-data.php#veg
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

As for my beardies, they love their crickets. Of course they love their treats more as anyone would, you have to be strict with them just like a parent at times.

Also if your feeding carrots more than once or twice a week you need to minimize it to that. Carrots are not good staple foods.

Ajsundo

Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn":1584969g said:
Just a little feeding guide I created for myself for most life stages. By the way you need to cut him completely off of mealworms till he's at least 6 months. They are very hard to digest for a young beardie and he needs tons of protein not fat. Mealworms have I believe 12% fat with crickets having around 6%. Which isn't too much fat but the chitin is way too hard for them to handle and causes digestive issues usually compared to other safer staple feeders.

All life stages eat 10-20 bugs a feeding.
1-4 months 3x a day.
4-12 months 2x a day.
12-20 months once a day.
20+ months twice a week at the least, every other day at the most.

Staple feeders - Crickets, locusts, grasshoppers, silkworms, black soldier fly larvae, dubia roaches, turkish roaches, possibly earthworms.

Treat feeders - Waxworms, hornworms, superworms, mealworms, butterworms.
Wax worms - once a week, 4-5 max.
Hornworms - every other day to every two days, 4-6 max.
Mealworms - every other day to every two days, 5-10 max. Only for beardies above 6 months.
Superworms - once or twice a week, 3-4 max. Only for beardies above 12 months.
Butterworms - once or twice a wee, 3-4 max.

Daily greens- Turnip/collard/mustard greens, endive, and kale if added to a mixture of the other staple greens mentioned.
Fruit once or twice a week - Banana, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, red raspberries.
For more food items -
http://www.thebeardeddragon.org/bearded-dragon-nutrition-data.php#veg
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

As for my beardies, they love their crickets. Of course they love their treats more as anyone would, you have to be strict with them just like a parent at times.

Also if your feeding carrots more than once or twice a week you need to minimize it to that. Carrots are not good staple foods.
Thank you! This definitely helps me out a lot ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom