4 Month Old Diet - Eating Too Much

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorriepa

My beardy just turned 4 months old and he's a big guy. He's 15 inches long and 160g. (Unless the breeder I got him from was mistaken on his age but he can't be more than 6 months.)
I've been feeding him large phoenix worms (black fly larvae) as a staple and sometimes ill get some crickets to mix things up.
I've been slowly introducing veggies to him as things have been moving along.

I've been reading that I should let him eat as many feeders as he can eat in one 10 min sitting. He is now eating around 50 for one meal! Meaning has eating around 100 feeders in a day.

Am I crazy or is that A LOT?

I don't want to stave him but should I limit how much he eats? Should I try giving him more veggies instead?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That is correct on BSFL they are small so hes going to eat more - I would add some dubia roaches to the diet and that will fill him up more than the crickets and I would be feeding salads every morning -- you want him eating his salads now -- you can also add some super worms in and butter worms and horn worms - and another good staple feeder is silk worms
Karrie

gorriepa

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1j9wi48y said:
That is correct on BSFL they are small so hes going to eat more - I would add some dubia roaches to the diet and that will fill him up more than the crickets and I would be feeding salads every morning -- you want him eating his salads now -- you can also add some super worms in and butter worms and horn worms - and another good staple feeder is silk worms
Karrie

Unfortunately we cannot get dubia roaches in Canada. Thank you for the suggestion however, ill make sure to feed him salads every morning and ill try adding different worms occasionally to his diet.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can add crickets + superworms as well as a large salad. The bsfl are way too small for larger dragons and will be very expensive because they need so many to fill them up.

My 4 month old dragon is the same size, but I feed him dubias, bsfl, and occasional wax worms for treats. Im always surprised at how much he eats each meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom