36" ReptiSun 10.0 question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

definitions

Juvie Member
24 " bulb will be ok for your enclosure put the uv bulb by the basking spot, remember in the wild they wont be in complete sun all the time they will move for shade which in turn will take them out of the uv rays. There is such a thing as too much uv also so having it by the basking spot is the perfect location cuz he will absorb the uv while basking.

dEEjHaY

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I read that the UVB bulb needs to cover 3/4 of the tank? I'll have a fake rock wall that has 2 levels, part of the bottom piece has areas that are in shade so no direct light will be on that area.

It will look like this kinda..

--------------------UVB Bulb------------------- -----Basking -----

Kind of a stupid example lol but if you look at the crossfire enclosure it uses the 36" ReptiSun so I'm just curious if 24" would actually be enough exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom