3 month old throwing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thousands

I just bought a 3 month old beardie and he arrived in the mail on Tuesday. He ate some but not much collard greens the day that he came in the mail and the next day ate 20+ calcium dusted crickets in one meal and 10 in the next. When I put him back in his tank yesterday night to go to sleep he didn't move at all and 9 hours later when I woke up he was still in the same place on the cool side of the tank.The ambient temperature is 85, the cool side gets to 83 and the basking is 101. I gave him a bath the first and second day. Today he hasn't been moving at all and has been sleeping alot, when he isn't sleeping he just has one eye open. I offered him dusted crickets and he refused. I offered him collards again and he started running around and opened his mouth really wide at me so I thought he was just really scared of me but then he threw up. His regurgitation was cricket mush and cricket legs. He has thrown up 4 times today and passed a normal stool. The toes on his back legs are wiggling, not really twitching but they're constantly moving. I've offered him crickets twice today and greens once and he refused. Is there anything really wrong with him or is it just stress from relocating or even too much calcium? I'm very worried, please help!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry your dragon is throwing up like that.
What are you using to measure your temps with, a stick on thermometer, a digital probe or a temp gun?
What size were the crickets that you gave him, were they smaller than the space between his eyes?
Do you know what type of substrate he was on when you purchased him?
Sometimes relocation stress works on their nerves & they take a little time to adjust to the new home. For now, I would cut out the feeders for a few days & let him try to settle in a bit. Try to give some extra oral fluids right now too since he has been throwing up & could be a little dehydrated also.
Keep us posted on him. You may want to try & keep him a little warmer overnight to help boost his immune system since he was not feeling well. Use a ceramic heat emitter for extra heating.

Tracie

Eventide

Hatchling Member
The constantly-moving toes make me think MBD; the throwing up makes me think some kind of parasite. Could just be relocation stress or temps, though....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom