3 Month old Beardie - Wobbling

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamBeth

Hi,

We've had this baby bearded dragon for 2 weeks now, all had been fine with him until this afternoon.

He has been munching on calcium dusted crickets and dubia roaches 3 times a day, every day. Apart from weekends when they are dusted with Nutrobol.

He also poops fine and seems active and alert still.

However, just now when he stopped running, he seemed to wobble. Then had a little run around the viv, then stopped, and wobbled again.

Viv is A 4X2X2, which is sectioned off by about half way. His 'cool' end usually sit around 80-85F, basking spot is around 110F with the temp around that about 95F. He is still currently on kitchen roll with a Exo Terra Repti Glo 10.0 40W Uv Tube which is 42".

We are fairly certain it can't be MBD, but then again, I guess nothing can be ruled out.

Does anyone have any opinions or thoughts as to what this could be?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam & Beth

AdamBeth

Original Poster
Little update for this morning, he happily munched away on his morning crickets but unfortunately seems to be acting really "stiff" and he seems to struggle to catch his food.

Really worried now. Trying to make an appointment at a vet today.

Thanks.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
get the repti sun, the repti GLO's are useless in giving appropriate UVB lighting they need. Drache or Diane should be on soon

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
how big is your cage? Depends on size of cage.
Also with his food make sure the food is NO BIGGER THAN THE SPACE BETWEEN his eyes!
what substrate are you using.
What are the temps (basking side and cool side) and how are you taking the temps

AdamBeth

Original Poster
Viv is 4foot by 2 foot by 2 foot. 48x24x24 inches basically.
Currently partitioned off so he isn't stressed out in a huge enclosure.

Substrate is kitchen roll still.
Food is still really small, if anything to small.

Basking spot usually is around 105-110F but it has hit nearly 120F on a particulary warm day.
Cooler side is around 85ish. Hit end around 95. All 3 measured with a digital probe thermometer.

In regards to the Uv tube, which would be more suitable? So I can order that tonight.

Thanks

Adam

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
If you are in the UK , the arcadia is easier and better.
Also, the kitchen roll is it the NONADHESIVE type. And smaller live feeders are better than too big.
Hope this helps

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Adam,

How are things going with your baby?
Do you supplement calcium 5 times per week? That is critical, along with the upgrade of the UVB.
Since you are in the UK, the Arcadia D3 12% tube bulb is great. It is actually just a little stronger than the Reptisun 10 tube bulb. Be sure to place it directly beside the basking light on one end of the tank. Make sure the UVB is 6-8 inches from your dragon for optimal exposure. Do you have a screen top that you mount it on? Remember, the screen will filter out a good amount of the UVB.

Tracie

AdamBeth

Original Poster
Hi,

He's doing much better today thankyou. The breeder we got him off actually said he may of "over dosed" on calcium, so we cut back on the dusting the past few days and he seems much better. He's able to run around and catch his food now.

Thanks

Adam

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Hi! Tracie is right (i forget how young he said he was) but feeders being dusted with calcium is important. Under 1 yr they NEED the calcium 5x a week and vitamins 2x/weel. Once over a year, they may go to 2-3x a week unless they have MBD issues,etc.
Glad he is starting to improve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom