3 dragons, what size tank????

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmantione

I have 3 baby dragons and a 10 gallon tank they were given to me in, and am looking to buy one tank that will last. Anyone have any thoughts on what size i should be looking at? ive seen a 36 inch by 18 x18 that caught my eye. Too small???

newowner2

Hatchling Member
i think a 10 gallon is good for now if there babies because they need to be able to catch there prey if there in a too big of tank it will be harded for them to catch prey.. im not sure on how big a 10 gallon is but i dont think its going to last very long because the do grow really fast

but when there bigger like around 3 months old u want to up the size a little

and then when there adults u want to put them in something atleast 4 feet long

i hope this helps you some and congrats for the new beardies

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
I think that there is no tank big enough for 3 dragons. My suggestion is to either get 3 40g breeder tanks as a minimum or get 1 dragon instead of 3. You absolutely can NOT house two or more dragons together.

Fraya

For the short term keeping them together shouldn't be too much of a problem. I would defidently put them in a tank that is longer though, there just isn't going to be the temp. gradient that they need in a 10 gallon because it is so short. You are going to have to watch them closely so that you know that they are all eating as much as they should and are pooping properly. Also make sure that there are multilple basking/large basking areas for them as they tend to fight over them. A top dog kind of competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom