2 Weeks Stress Marks Deepening

Status
Not open for further replies.

LillyLavender

I just got my juvenile bearded dragon a little under two weeks ago, and now his stress marks are deepening in color and his whole coloration seems to be getting darker.
I have a 100 watt daylight bulb (my 60 watt blew)
A 75 watt basking bulb (he loves his basking rock)
A UVB fluorescent bulb
Night time temp is around 75 degrees (I used to use an under tank heating pad, but I feared that deterred him from his water)
Daytime temp is around 85-90 degrees
He eats about 7 crickets or mealworms daily (I tried feeding him multiple times a day, but he just won't eat more than once)
I provide a large water dish as well as a variety of greens and veggies.
What can I do to make him more comfortable?
92720-4601385701.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He is probably just darkening to bask and absorb as much heat and light as he can. It's not necessarily an indication of a problem. Do you have digital thermometers or an IR temp gun to check the surface temperatures around the tank? He'll probably want the basking surface to be between about 100-110 and the cool side to be between about 75-80 with a nice gradient to move around in between. Having accurate readings is important to ensure he's getting what he needs in terms of heat.

Which UVB light are you using? Does it have a reflector? How far is it above the basking area? The different lights have huge variations in output so it's important to match the proper light with the correct distance for best output so he gets what he needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom