2 swollen fingers- One is red one is just puffy

Buddy- The Bearded Dragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Buddy
Hello, I'm new here. I usually get my beardie information here when I have a question, but this time I have a question that I can't find in the search bar that relates to my bearded dragons health right now. Today when I was feeding my beardie, I saw that one of her fingers is really swollen and it looks red and I saw another one that just looked bigger than usual. I'm more concerned about the red one. It's kind of lifted and idk if she's doing that because it hurts her or if it's like that because it's swollen. I can't take her to the vet to find out but I really want to treat it so it doesn't get worse and so she gets better if it hurts her. If this helps, her enclosure (we built it ourselves) has mesh all over as walls and she likes to climb on it when she's roaming around. I read that that may be the reason some beardies hurt themselves like this. Should I get a new enclosure or is it something else?? Please help!

Attachments

• Screenshot (99).jpg
    Screenshot (99).jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot (100).jpg
    Screenshot (100).jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 39

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Buddy
Hello! Sorry if I wasn't able to post a reply or a thread for these past few days, I didn't have power nor signal in my area.

Update on Buddy- Her finger seems to be getting better. It's no longer pink but still swollen. Yesterday I was with her and I saw that she had something hard on the finger like a little rock and I thought it was food so I took it off and when I did some white stuff started coming out. Kind of like the stuff that comes out when you pop a white pimple, that's what it looked like. Everytime I lifted her finger more would come out, I would just wipe it off though. After a while it stopped and today I didn't see any more of it and it's normal. Should I be concerned or was it just an aftermath of the injury?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope that has all cleared out. They have a different type of puss than humans do, it is more of a solid
type of substance. There hasn't been any discharge since then?
I would just keep an eye on it & you could continue to put some raw honey or antibiotic ointment on it,
just to be sure infection has cleared out if there was any initially.

Tracie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Buddy
Hello,

I hope that has all cleared out. They have a different type of puss than humans do, it is more of a solid
type of substance. There hasn't been any discharge since then?
I would just keep an eye on it & you could continue to put some raw honey or antibiotic ointment on it,
just to be sure infection has cleared out if there was any initially.

Tracie
Thank you!

Everything with her finger seems fine now. Nothing abnormal has happened and everything is back to it just being swollen still. Nothing else. I'll still keep an eye on it and keep putting it in honey as you've said. I'll keep you guys posted.

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Buddy
Um... emergency?! I was feeding Buddy some mealworms and I noticed that her nail came off. What should I do? Is it concerning? Will it grow back? Is it just a normal thing that happens so that the finger can grow back the nail so it can heal properly??

Other than this she's acting normal so maybe not super concerning?? Help if you can.

Attachments

• Screenshot (113).jpg
    Screenshot (113).jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 21

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom