2 month old Bearded Dragon stopped eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarosee

I got my bearded dragon a week ago from a reputable reptile store. From the start she wouldn't eat much (two roaches per feeding) but now she has regressed to not eating this morning or yesterday at all. She is shedding a little. Could that be why?

This is my setup:
20 long aquarium
Zoomed 24in UVB strip
Standard 60 watt lightbulb (for basking)
Her basking temps are 90-100 degrees
Infrared light bulb (for night heating)
Reptimat
Sticks for climbing and basking
Food bowl for greens

Please help. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

dom02

Have you tried feeding different things? Maybe he just doesn't like roaches? Like maybe try crickets since their usually easy enough to get.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. I would raise the basking spot to 105 as the little ones like it warmer. Also the night light disturbs his sleep. Beardies like to cool down at night so unless your house gets below 65 he'll be fine. If it does get colder then a che is the way to go as it gives off heat and no light. Also don't worry about him eating much as he probably has some relocation stress and that can last a couple of weeks. Congrats on your little one :D

clarosee

Original Poster
Thanks for the responce. It's good to hear that shes probably alright. I will raise the temp of the basking spot and probably get rid of the night bulb.
Should I bathe her to provide another source of hydration since she isn't eating much or would that cause too much stress at the moment?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Baths are very good for them. You can use a kitchen sink or a plastic container. If you put a wash cloth down that should help him feel more secure.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I wouldn't use the kitchen sink to bathe your dragon. It's not very hygienic for you/your family and could result in the spread of illness (salmonella among others). You can get a small plastic tub at Walmart or a dollar store to use as a private bathtub just for your little one. She may also lick up water if you drip it on her snout.

Hopefully your little one is just settling in and the appetite will pick up. It pretty common to go off food after such a huge changes as moving homes.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
I forgot to say when I do use the kitchen sink I scrub it out before and after with bleach water. Not strong just a capful or 2 of bleach and rinse until I cant smell the bleach anymore.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Could you fill us in on the type of thermometer you're using as some can be very inaccurate.

clarosee

Original Poster
Ok. I will definitely give her a bath later. Ill remember to use that wash cloth. Thanks

diamc":rg8wv263 said:
Could you fill us in on the type of thermometer you're using as some can be very inaccurate.
Im using an thermometer laser gun from home depot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adhdogtraining
Top Bottom