2 month beardie not eating often

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiyou

Original Poster
So my terrarium thanks to ZooMed is a top opener, would this work or would i have to get rid of the dual heat lamp?
Terrarium_zpsyrqsfu7v.png

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
the tank will work --- you need to place the UVB inside the tank and depending on what you get for a UVB depends on how far from basking spot--- you may or may not need the ceramic heat emitter -- depends on how cold it gets at nite -- usually they are only used for nite time - you dont want your tank dropping below 65 at nite --
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Also, you want your uvb placed alongside your basking bulb, not off to the side of it. This way your basking area has the highest heat and uv exposure in the whole tank, and a proper gradient is created from hot to cool.

Dont forget about fixing your temperature. 96 is hardly hot enough for a cold dragon to digest with.

-Brandon

claudiusx":18ah18nx said:
96 is hardly hot enough for a cold dragon to digest with.

-Brandon

When I check temps for my baby, they range from 90-95 ish, maybe a bit higher, but he poops daily, sometimes twice a day, and is thriving. Is this ok for him or should I get the temps higher?

Chiyou

Original Poster
Terrarium02_zps3org4au6.png

So would this set up be okay? I would put the UVB closer to the front of the terrarium but i'm worried it will get annoying to move everytime i need to get inside

He does need the ceramic, it gets chilly in Vancouver some nights

Chiyou

Original Poster
Also I tried adjusting his basking platform so he would get a higher range of temperature, he doesn't bask anymore, hides in the cool side of the tank..

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
How are you taking temps? Did you get a IR gun? If he's not basking at all something is off!
Karrie

he might be too used to the 90s temps, i know my baby wouldn’t bask on his branches when i lowered the lamp, the wood was getting too hot and he stayed more below

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok the digital is pretty close-- I would lower then if he's not basking at all now-- some is better than none- usually they like it warmer-- is it possible to have a gradient of temps so he can pick where he wants to sit
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Definitely do not lower it. If the hottest spot in your tank is 96, that's not acceptable for a baby. You need to provide a basking surface temp of 105-110. From there he can pick a spot lower down the temperature gradient if he so chooses.

Like I mentioned earlier, at 96 it's already basically at the minimum temperature required for digestion. Lower the temp more and digestion will come to a crawl, along with many other issues.

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I didn't mean temp I meant spot to where he can pick to where he wants to sit-- a gradient of area-- sorry I wasn't more specific
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
KarrieRee":2m69i8qj said:
I didn't mean temp I meant spot to where he can pick to where he wants to sit-- a gradient of area-- sorry I wasn't more specific
Karrie
Sorry I thought you meant lower the temp :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom