2 fluorescent lights (24" each) for 58" wide tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbaragon

Can I please have someone's opinion?

I'm ordering a tank (58"w x 28"d x 24"h -- I know this is a weird size, but I'm having it custom-made so it will fit on the table I have), but as for fluorescent light fixtures (I will use ReptiSun10 tubes), they can only install 24" ones -- they say 36" and 48" are hard to find. (They will also install a basking light fixture separately.)

But I'm afraid one 24" UVB light will not be enough for this tank size. They say they can install two 24" fixtures -- Should I go ahead with this option? I don't mind paying for two ReptiSun10 tubes every 6 months, but I'm just worried there will be too much UVB and it can hurt my dragon...

Please help!

rottnbull02

Hatchling Member
I dont see how 2 24's would be any different then 1 48 other then of course the lenth. 2 24's = 1 48. :D You can get a 48 inch fixture at home depot though. That is where we got ours from.

Stephanie

nbaragon

Original Poster
Thank you, everyone! I was just worried maybe people would start screaming "No!!! Two fluorescent lights will cause eye problems!!" or something like that. But it seems okay, so I will go with two fixtures. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stihlgirl
Top Bottom