2 beardies, 1 tank (for now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't bite my head off.

Today I picked up another beardie, he (of course) didn't have a UVB (just two baskings, even though they claim one is a uvb), was also in a 10 gal but it supposedly 7 or 8 months old. He did however get the calcium & vitamins needed, was out for exercise, and bathes with his prev person. In order to get him under a UVB and out of that tank I've put them together (for now only till I can get him a tank too). I know it's bad to have them in one tank and skip quarantine but I felt that getting him in a better situation was more important. So far they haven't displayed any dominance issues. There's 4 food bowels and plenty of laying areas of various heights so hopefully food aggression won't be an issue.

Bowen (who we called Rango for a bit) is supposedly 2 and the same size as the 7-8 month, 4.5 inches nose to vent, then our new new buddy is Draco. We've had Bowen a week and got Draco Sat.

The first pic shows them side by side, they were both stretched out to show the exact same size, but of course they moved for the pic lol (sorry for the old poo in the pic)

Chillin'

Just showing off the meme I made

disturb3d0n3

Juvie Member
4.5 inches nose to vent for a subadult beardie is rather small... My 3 month old juvenile is 9 inches long nose to tail so I imagine close to the same length as yours...

I'd def be concerned about the tail of the one on the left. Looks like a calcium deficiency.

Brandonforty2

Juvie Member
To prevent food aggression, you may be able to feed in a big kritter carrier or a Rubbermaid tub. If you see ANY bit of aggression, try to get another tank or put him in a Rubbermaid tub with a basking light. If the UVB bulb is the problem, you may be able to take turns with it. Maybe one day, one beardie has it and the next the other one has it. Missing a day of UVB won't hurt a beardie too bad.

beardieparents7780

Hatchling Member
Just be careful and watch close. Here's my 11 month old male he is highly aggressive towards other beardies. This vid is in his new 4x2x2 pvc enclosure I picked up for $20 at a garage sale...just added glass!
D1CB521B-54A8-4743-83D7-2739DF4AECFF-8677-000001A0D2EB5044_zps4da3a570.mp4

CountrynCrafty

Original Poster
The video is not working for me :(...just added glass?? We are watching for food aggression closely, no worries :) Since they went their entire lives without the UVB I don't want them to go without right now, maybe it wouldn't have been a big deal if that had had it but... and yeah I know it's fairly small, as for the tail, it probably is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom