2 beardes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinglizzy

newbie and have lizzy and bizzy both around 1-2 months bought in different states and diff times
lizzy is about 5 in. and bizzy is 6.5 in. lizzy seems to be off balance ,wobbly .bouncing and twisting her head
around I saw her do a head over hills thought she was on the hunt but has continued this behavior.
bizzy has been waving her arm at nothing and her color has gone from light to darker colors .
any info would be much appreciated .

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Is she head bobbing? Head bobbing is a sign of dominance, and the arm waving is a sign of submission. Are they housed together? Bearded dragons need their own enclosures, otherwise they will begin to fight.

kinglizzy

Original Poster
I have not seen any head bobing more like stevie wonder on crack.
yes they are both in the same cage. lizzy also opens her mouth for awhile I thought she was
thirsty and hot by the time I got the water she had closed her mouth

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
The opening of her mouth is called gaping. They do this as a form of thermoregulation, or releasing heat. Often, a bd will sit under the basking light and soak up the heat, and gape at the same time. Its silly, but it must feel nice to bask!

As for the head movements, I don't know, I'm sorry. Hopefully someone more experienced than I will come around and see this.
I hope everything is ok!

Pleaides

Juvie Member
off balance ,wobbly .bouncing and twisting her head?
ok this could be mbd or a calcium diffiency.
if you could answer some questions for us it could help us to help your little one out.

what brand of uv do you have? how old is it? how far can they get from it?
what other bulbs do you have and what brands if you have any others?
do you dust their live food? if so what brands are you using and how often?
what are their temps? both cool, warm and basking sites? how are you measuring their temps with?

the fact that she is dark could signify that something is bothering her, does she have stress marks? if so how often would you say?
what substrate do you have them on? if its anything looose i would recommend removing it immediately as its a high risk of impaction which will lead to all sorts of problems ranging from mild to even death. i recommend tile, repticarpet, newspaper or just paper towels.

also i personally would never house beardies together, obviously if your breeding them then it may be a different matter but if you have just the 2 then i would seperate them, housing them together one will be the dominant one and overpower the other causing it to be stressed and it may stop eating, not to mention sooner or later they will fight possibly resulting in death, they are solitary and territorial animals.hope this helps you out.

kinglizzy

Original Poster
update on lizzy color is back and he is smaller but the dominate one . no more crazy head movements .
new bulb trex 100w mvb seems to have made a big diff .however bizzy is dark in color and needs
her own space and its on its way. funny thing they share the basking tree when one is up high and the other
wants up they'll wave up to the top and then go up . like they are submitting to the other, just to get what they
want they will do the same when going in the shelter for sleep . I am finding bizzy and lizzy are alot smater than
I thought .I wonder now if they are train able not so much for tricks but for communication . Any info on that
would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom