2-1/2 Days too long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJinPgh

I've skimmed through some of the other "vacation" questions and didn't find one (yet) that tells me yes or no to this question.

I mentioned in another thread that I'll be gone for a few days toward the end of June. I'll be leaving Thursday evening and coming back Sunday afternoon. I'm wondering if that is too long to go without them eating or if I need to take them with me.

Alex is about 1-1/2 years old. Eliza is about 11 months old. Both eat their greens. I feed Eliza crickets pretty much every day. Alex gets them every other day at this point.

At any rate, I'm wondering if going the Friday and Saturday without being fed would be a huge issue for them at this stage, or if they should be brought along for the trip.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They should be fine at that size, and if you want to leave them something to nibble on, try Nature Zone bearded dragon bites, or try some freeze dried crickets. There is actually a thread right below here that talks about freeze dried bugs, lots of beardies love them + they are fine in a pinch. You might give a nice wet salad the day that you leave so they'll have some moisture as well.

TJinPgh

Original Poster
I haven't had much luck getting either one of them to eat the dried crickets.

If, by Bearded Dragon bites you mean those moist red cubes, they both love them. Possibly too much. I'm not sure I could put enough of them in there that they wouldn't eat them all the first day, lol.

wulfie

Hatchling Member
if you can find a 'babysitter', that would be ideal, even if they only came over once a day to give them some of the bearded dragon bites. And I agree, most beardies seem to love them, they act like they are candy :D

TJinPgh

Original Poster
I don't have anybody that can check in on them. Typically, when I go camping, it's local so I can do it myself. I'll be about 2 hours away this time and that's a bit far for that.

One of the assistants that works for their vet offers boarding. That's what I did when I went to FL. I was just hoping to avoid having to move all their equipment for such a short trip. It'd be just as easy to take them with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom