18 inch uvb bulb in 40 gallon breeder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. I have my tank all set up in "kit form". I have a 40 gallon breeder tank, and I have an 18 inch UVB bulb (reptisun) in fixture. I'm getting my beardie soon, I think next week even, and I'm starting to panic and worry it's too short??? Should I have gotten a larger size? I know with a larger tank I'll need a larger size, but is this sufficient?

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Actually both of our adults are in their own 40G breeder with the 18" ReptiSun 10.0 tube, and they've lived their whole lives with that tank/bulb size. :) There is a reflector behind the bulbs though, so maybe that makes a difference?
That's the setup that came with the dragons when we got them in August 2012, and the previous owners said they were raised from hatchlings in the 40G with 18" ReptiSuns without any problems. We haven't had any problems with it either! :) Just remember to make sure there's no screen or glass/plastic between the beardie and the UVB and I think you should be just fine with the 18" in a 40G :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom