18 in Fixture? Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
I currently have a 24 inch Repti-SUN 10.0 bulb and I have it in a fixture that is 24 inches long. It is this fixture:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lights-of-America-24-Fluorescent-Grow-Light-Fixture/16879945

I wanted to know if anyone knew of a fixture identical to this one but in an 18 inch size.

The width of the wall that the fixture will go on is 26 inches, and the fixture is a little over 26 inches because of the build of the fixture.

I really wish that it was bigger so that a 24 in could go in there, but I guess we'll have to make due with a 18 inch.

Any links or online stores to buy this fixture would be greatly appriciated!

*Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I thought it would count as the Genderal Discussion topics*

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
I have the same one, 18 inches just black. Its at walmart but not with the rest of them, its with the desk lights in one of my walmarts and in the section with college dorm stuff in the other walmart. I really wanted black, and i originally had the one u have in my hand and was just browsing to see if there was anything else i needed and came across the one i have. Its comes with a black light in it too. Its a little more $ because its a party light but i just wanted black because my tank is trimmed in black. :) i couldnt find it on walmart.com but they have them in most walmarts.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Moved here from General Discussion forum since it is about an enclosure item.

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Diamc: thanks for moving my thread to the appropriate section! :D

Bdalton: i went to walmart and the only black fixture i saw was a 24 in like mine :(

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
Really? I know they have a 24 inch blacklight fixture with all the other ones, but my 18 inch was all by itself with the desk lamps around the same section as picture frames. I know their all setup different, but the 3 ive been to have all had them hidden in another section. Its called a party black light. Thats strange! I looked on walmart.com too and they only have the 24 online but i swear mines 18!!!!! Lol i hope i didnt send ya on a pointless walmart trip, although i cant seem to walk out of there emty handed, so i hope i didnt cost ya extra $ for things you just pick up like i do! Lol

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ferociousscorpion & Bdalton: They had one 18 inch and it was white but it was called an "Under Counter" one and it was big. It was like, flat, with the bulb on one side and that wasn't really what I was looking for.

Bdalton: No, you didn't send me on a pointless Wal Mart trip :wink: I had to go to the store anyway to pick up a few things and I happened to remember about the fixture. :D :D :D

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
If I can't find any other style fixtures I may just buy the under counter one. I just didn't like it because of it's really odd shape.

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
Don't give up I swear they have it. When I get home (won't be til later tonight) I will take a pic of the box and you can ask someone at Walmart maybe? I know exactly what your talking about odd shape, their all so big and boxy but the ones we have aren't much bigger than the bulb itself because they just have the things on the side that the bulb snaps into and no other bulkiness :). At least I'm not the only one with OCD that knows what she wants! Haha when I was in Walmart buying mine my boyfriend picked up a white one that was real square and was 8$ and I picked up the black on that was 20$ and he's like why are we spending 12$ more for something that will do the saaaaame thing and I'm like no babe, it's black and it matches and it's nice and small! He just shook his head and put the 8$ one down.....:)

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
Where do you live, maybe I can mail it to you! Hahah I was in a different Walmart today and was curious to see if they had it and damned they did! Im not crazy!!!!! Lol

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Now that I know that there's such thing as the fixture I pictured, I'm destined to buy it! Hhaha! But there were a few shelves that were empty with the rest of the lights so maybe they're sold out in that type. Maybe I'll try a different Walmart? Lol. Thats nice of you to want to mail it to me and I appreciate it but in going to try my hardest and find it around here first! Haha. yes the boxy type one is not what I want, and I believe it was 8 dollars so I'm going to try my best to find this fixture!

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
Lol, yes i would try another one if its close, but did you look by the lava lamps and other funky kind of stuff like that? Im almost positive i remember it being next to lava lamps. Lol so if you didnt see them, i would check again but if not and the other ones nearby, id check that walmart......your almost there, i have a feeling your gonna find it real soon. :)

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yay! I'm glad you think I'll find it soon! lol!

I'm going to check the Home Depot, Lowe's, or another Wal-Mart to see if they carry the fixture I'm looking for!

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
Thats a good idea. I know lowes carries alot bigger of a selection, i was dissappoinyed with home depot, they only had 4 different ones and none were less than 30$. Lowes didnt have a black one, but i do think they have a white one just not sure what size. Next time youe in walmart ask someone where the lava lamps are and i think youll find the on im talking about. And it doesnt come with a cover over the light which i like because aometimes when you take the cover off it makes it look broken lol. Good luck in your fixture search :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChekeNerton523
Top Bottom