15 reptiworms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyderk

Hatchling Member
Puff ate 15 reptiworms this morning. :) That's the most he's eaten. I think he's starting to recognize them as food better, as he seemed excited to eat this morning. We dropped them in one at a time right next to him, as they are very dark and not moving anymore. Shoot, that means we'll have flies. :shock:

He's started eating only one dubia at a time now, too, a slight slowdown since he first came. But I heard it could take up to 3 weeks for him to get back to normal.

The kids were so excited that he kept chowing down! He refused the 16th, even with handfeeding. He also ate a little bit of mustard greens today too. :)

JeepMiller09

Hatchling Member
Sweet deal!!! As far as the black ones go I normally short through the worms when I get them and feed the black ones first. If you order large worms u will get a lot more then normal. That's a good thing because the black ones have the most cal!!

My bd chance ate his first whole salad yesterday. He normally eats the repti first and picks at his salad always leaving some but yesterday he must have been starving lol

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
The flies are fun. If they start turning to flies put them in his viv. Gobi loves them as does Ash. they will chase them and
love to catch and eat them.
congrats on him eating for you.

spyderk

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Awesome! I did remember reading that the black ones were more nutritious. I haven't sorted through them (I try to look at them as little as I can, severe bugphobia. ;) ) but I will sort through and find the black ones.

I guess I'll have to google what this fly looks like so I am prepared!

DragonJosh

spyderk":1tvgwa1z said:
Awesome! I did remember reading that the black ones were more nutritious. I haven't sorted through them (I try to look at them as little as I can, severe bugphobia. ;) ) but I will sort through and find the black ones.

I guess I'll have to google what this fly looks like so I am prepared!

I found a fly one time in my beardies cage as the worms were black too, and thought it was a type of wasp or something at first! They do not look like your typical house fly. They are sorta long and slender, and kinda have a blue tint to them. It was very entertaining watching my beardie chase the fly, and successfully catch it.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Gobi loves the rare occasion when we have some turn to flies. she thinks it is game to chase them and eat them. Really
fun to watch.

Topper

If you're concerned with them recognizing as food, you can try washing them beforehand. I think the smell or bits of substrate clinging to them were really turning Adobe off, as once we starting soaking them his interest in them shot up 1000%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom