11 weeks old and only 6inches long

Status
Not open for further replies.

frosty

we bought our baby beardie 8 weeks ago and he/she was almost 4 inches, he/she has had one shed and is going through his/her 2nd shed now but should he/she have grew more buy now, its just 2 inches doesnt seem much in 8 weeks, thanks for any advice that might be offered

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Frosty, is that nose to vent or nose to end of tail ?

Perhaps going over your set up will be a good thing, something might be out of order.
Lighting: what kind of UVB, how old, how far away from baby.
Substrate: what kind ?
Diet: what is offered, how much and when.
Bathing: how often.
Supplements: what is offered and when ?
Enclosure: what size ?
Decorations: What is there ?
Temps: what are they and how do you measure them ?

By answering these questions, we might find the answer to your original question.
Thanks,
Janie.

frosty

Original Poster
hiya its nose to end of tail

Lighting: what kind of UVB, how old, how far away from baby.
reptiglo 10 tube, he/she can get 6-8 inches of it, we bought it 8 weeks ago

Substrate: what kind ?
tile floor

Diet: what is offered, how much and when?
size 2 crickets, he/she can eat upto 30 a day sometimes more but sometimes much less, kale, carrot, collard greens, spinach, strawberries, raspberries are left in viv during the day, he feeds in a seperate feeding bowl for his crickets

Bathing: how often.
at the moment every day as he/she going through a shed other times 3-4 times a week

Supplements: what is offered and when ?
nutrobol, dust first feeding 3 times a week, reptiluxe dust first feed on the other days

Enclosure: what size ?
3foot viv

Decorations: What is there ?
he/she has a log that goes right across the middle, fake plants that hang from the sides, and a tall rock

Temps: what are they and how do you measure them ?
warm side 105-110 cool side 90-95, digital thermometer

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Aha ! The reptiglo is the problem. You will want the Arcadia 12% if in the UK, ReptiSun 10.0 if in the USA, or the NEC T-10 in Australia.

Here are the appropriate links:
Arcadia-
http://www.petcityonline.com.au/details.asp?ItemID=830857008504&CatID=&MainID=Reptile

ReptiSun-
http://www.petmountain.com/product/reptile-fluorescent-bulbs/504983/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-bulb.html

Nec t-10:
http://www.herpshop.com.au/
Second to the last on that page.

I would turn off the glo and remove it, your baby will be fine for a week or two without, but if you can bring baby outside for some natural Sun rays, for around no more than 1 hour daily, that will help a lot !

Once you have which ever tube you choose installed, you will see a huge difference in the appetite and general behavior of the baby.

Hope this helps out !
Janie.

frosty

Original Poster
thanks for that i will order the Arcadia 12%, is that why he/she isnt growing? Do you know roughly how many inches he/she should be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom