100% Non-Toxic Sealant??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdgal

Hatchling Member
I went to Home Depot today to get the needed materials to make the "fake rocks and ledges". I managed to find just about everything EXCEPT for the Non-Toxic 100% acrylic sealant. What did everyone else use? Any brand names I can look for or ideas of places I can go to find it? Thanks!!

bdgal

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So I went to Michaels and found a textured spray paint that has the look of real stone. It is called Valspar premium enamel. I then bought a sealant by DecoArt called Multi-purpose sealer. It says that it is non-toxic and soap and water can be used for clean up. It doesn't say if it is acrylic or not. It says that you can apply acrylic paint to it. Do you think these two items are ok and safe to use. I know that another member on this forum used the textured spray paint and that the end result was ok. Once all of the fumes dissipated and the sealant was added it was added to the enclosure and was ok.

Does anyone know if this will be safe for my future beardie?

DistDrag

Juvie Member
My concern with the textured spray paint would be its heat tolerance. Especially if you were going to use it for basking.

Not sure what you are making your fake rock out of but if you are using some type of mortar, or grout get a water based sealer for stone tile or a grout sealer.

I used Mod-podge.I got it at walmart for 12 bucks.100% non toxic.It is kinda like glue that dries clear.to see how to put it on go on youtube and chek out lizardlanscapes rocks,all of his videos are of him making rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom