100 gallon ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owner of Max

Hatchling Member
I've been looking for a larger viv for Max for quite awhile. He's ok in his current 40 g breeder, but I really think he'd be happier with more room.

I know that ideally, a 4' X 2' X 2' is best, but I found a guy on CL that has a 100 gallon glass aquarium with wood trim and a matching stand for a nice deal. The tank dimensions are 60" long X 20.5" front to back X 20.5" tall/deep.

My main concern is if the 20.5" front to back is enough?

I'm not concerned about having the open top without a screen because I use a 160 watt Megaray MVB on an adjustable stand. It would be nicer if it was a bit deeper, but I'll just keep his basking area very low to the bottom. (just like I do in his 40g breeder now)

Max is just under 1-1/2 years old and about 20" long.

If this isn't an acceptable "life long" tank, than I'll keep looking until I find a viv or a tank that is at least 4' X 2' X 2'.

Please let me know your thoughts and opinions.

Thank you.

Owner of Max

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
**BUMP**

Any help....??

Is the 20.5" front to back enough?

I was going to stop to see it/buy it on my way home from work in about an hour.

Thank you.

Owner of Max

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm going to look at it now.....

I'll try and put him off until the weekend so I can see what you more knowledgeable BD owners than myself, have to offer as far as insight into whether this is an ok size tank or not....

Thank you.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
60" is 5 feet,(I'm 5') I would love to have room for a tank just that size! :D Your dragon will love you. Oh, the things you can do with all that space. Look on the "Vivs picts only" thread. You will get more ideas than you can use. Have fun!

Sandy H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom