10 week old...eggs in poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splreece

Morning all.

Took littleun to vet a week ago as was too worried bout not eating.....

Obviously no invasive stuff.. Just a feel and a monitor on hearty and view in mouth/breathing check.... And faeces check.

They gave her clean bill of health ?

Except found eggs in poop.... Vet said not to. Give her routine of dewormer as too small and eggs r found only when under a deeper microscope view...

My only concern with her is she's eating but not huge amounts...

Should I ignore vet and buy dewormer... Or shud I seek other advice first...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, a vet will determine if meds. are needed by looking at the count of eggs seen. If the count is low they usually don't treat and that is better for the dragon. Can you post pics of your baby and your tank set up, including lights ? That can have a big effect on appetite. Most pet stores sell sub par lights and babies don't thrive. Here's how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Splreece

Original Poster
AHBD":1iu8s4wo said:
Hi there, a vet will determine if meds. are needed by looking at the count of eggs seen. If the count is low they usually don't treat and that is better for the dragon. Can you post pics of your baby and your tank set up, including lights ? That can have a big effect on appetite. Most pet stores sell sub par lights and babies don't thrive. Here's how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Hey there, thanks...

Today... She's looking a lot more plump than previously.. She has 18 worms for the day yesterday which is a good feed for her, but hasn't ate today yet and it's 3pm here....
109077-3283883338.jpg
109077-9441062407.jpg
Thanks..
Setup is
41 to 43 deg rock surface rock is big so has 2 temps she can sit with
29 to 31 deg cool side
35-40% hum

Evening is thermo controlled for 26-27deg

D5 ubv with hood reflectors 12inch from basking rock. 75watt basking bulb... All new... Tile floor (she ate loads of paper that was on top of tile so removed it).

109077-9435655805.jpg
109077-9828459662.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sounds like her appetite is good and set up looks great ! If you haven't had her for very long it can be overwhelming, most dragons are stressed in a big new enclosure full of decor. So you have a t5 bulb ? What brand is it, Reptisun or Arcadia ? I would get rid of the ceramic heater though, it's way too close and beardies can jump up to try to hang from them and get burned. Is it on during the day or just at night ? What temp. would it be in the tank without the CHE ?

Splreece

Original Poster
AHBD":crywj986 said:
Sounds like her appetite is good and set up looks great ! If you haven't had her for very long it can be overwhelming, most dragons are stressed in a big new enclosure full of decor. So you have a t5 bulb ? What brand is it, Reptisun or Arcadia ? I would get rid of the ceramic heater though, it's way too close and beardies can jump up to try to hang from them and get burned. Is it on during the day or just at night ? What temp. would it be in the tank without the CHE ?
Thanks AHBD.
It's reptisun hood and a reptkle systems d3 t5 12% bulb.. Sorry i misquoted the bulb I think.

Shes very active and I think she's comfy as not stressed or hiding at all... I think the tail is going to shed which will mean for the 3 weeks I've had her she has shed and ??? shes going to shed again.. But hoping that's it for next month of settling after..
109077-6154021192.jpg
The ceramic is never on... Except night's get to around 20 so is needed a lil bit.. She does like to hang on it.. More a height thing I think..

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't know that brand of bulb, we don't see it in the U.S. , at least I never have. Are you in the U.K ? And if your temp. is 20 C [ 68 F ] at night you don't need the CHE, only if it goes below 65. Just be careful because you say she likes to hang on it and there could be a terrible accident if she gets burned. One more thing, do you offer oral hydration ? If not, try dripping some water on her nose to give her sa chance to drink.

Splreece

Original Poster
AHBD":qx0t7eo8 said:
I don't know that brand of bulb, we don't see it in the U.S. , at least I never have. Are you in the U.K ? And if your temp. is 20 C [ 68 F ] at night you don't need the CHE, only if it goes below 65. Just be careful because you say she likes to hang on it and there could be a terrible accident if she gets burned. One more thing, do you offer oral hydration ? If not, try dripping some water on her nose to give her sa chance to drink.

Yeah am UK.. So house central heating generally stays 18 to 20 deg... Also I think she's comfy (not scared) as she enjoys a daily warm bath.. Sits in and stares at me for 2mins to 6mins, mood dependant... She takes a good drink like that or via dropping on her nose...

Might look to replace bulb with branded... Jus incase

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your tank setup does look really good, I agree, it is quite bright in there!
The brand is Reptile systems? I am not familiar with that brand, but it is the UK so I know
that sometimes other brands come into play. Are you able to test the bulb output?
If the worm count was that low, it isn't always necessary to go on medication. Especially if
the appetite & activity levels are good, it should be fine.
Your little one is looking very sweet!

Tracie

Splreece

Original Poster
Drache613":mgpzt806 said:
Hello,

Your tank setup does look really good, I agree, it is quite bright in there!
The brand is Reptile systems? I am not familiar with that brand, but it is the UK so I know
that sometimes other brands come into play. Are you able to test the bulb output?
If the worm count was that low, it isn't always necessary to go on medication. Especially if
the appetite & activity levels are good, it should be fine.
Your little one is looking very sweet!
Tracie

Thanks Tracie

I'm going to get an arcadia one today as there's a few youtube clips showing these ones have low output...

She seems fine but it's that worry that forums say 15 bugs a sitting and mine seems to only eat 15 bugs a day max... She's still young and could still be adjusting so maybe just a function of time....

Not sure what I can do to dimm the brightness aside maybe the arcadia bulb isn't as bright but she never uses the hidea so
Am hoping it's not too bad for her... Although I've noticed her pattern is to tey and sleep by 6pm.. And her auto setup turns off at 8pm..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom