10.o uvb on top of mesh or in cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

mraw

I currently have a repti sun 10.0 uvb tube. It's mounted inside the cage but I read somewhere that the 10.o t8 is meant to go on top of the mesh. I was wondering because my baby beardie has been getting larthagec and eats slower and thought many that the uvb was too strong.

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
The mesh will filter out a lot of the UVB so keep the t8 mounted on the inside. Your dragon should be able to bask and be within 8 inches of the tube.

If your dragon is acting lethargic and not eating a vet visit may be in order, especially if you have a proper set up. You can look at the care sheets on the home page, compare with you set up, and make adjustments as needed. If the dragon is still not eating or acting unwell test for parasites.

ruben0311

Juvie Member
the t5 is more suitable for mesh top enclosures. T8 will be better under the mesh, definately see if you can set it up under the screen.

ruben0311

Juvie Member
just to make sure, if you havent done so already make sure you remove the plastic cover which comes with the fixture. if mounting under the screen is not an option then see about making or buying a reflector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom