10-15 Crickets a Day?? Should I worry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my bearded dragon for a month now. He's only young, maybe 2 months I'd guess. He is 6 inches long and has shed twice. He poops regularly and loves his veggies. But he only eats maybe 10-14 crickets a day depending on his hunger. Should I be worried? I read on here most baby bearded dragons eat like 40 crickets a day? I thought maybe if I didn't offer him his veggies that he'd eat more crickets but nope. He just eats what he likes. He's healthy and alert.

Here are some pics the I took of him/her today.

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

As long as your baby is happy, growing (shedding) and being active along with eating, you don't have to worry really.

The size of the feeder will also have a large role in the numbers consumed.

If you are feeding 2-3 times per day and thats all he wants to eat in a 10-15 minute time span each time, then thats fine you don't need to worry about it.

It's great that he eats his salad.
If he's acting healthy, he most likely is. :D

He is very tiny, I wouldn't expect him to be eating large numbers simply because of his size. As he grows so should his appetite.

-Brandon

gingergizmo

Original Poster
Thank you for replying to my post. It made me feel better. He seems to be doing great and healthy as can be. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom