1 yr old dragon Lost of appetite, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

erdeem

Hatchling Member
Billie is just about one year old (I don't know for sure, I adopt him when she is just 6 inches in November last year). She is now 17" long and her weight is 440 grams. She looks healthy, active, and has a good size (two weeks ago Itook her to a small specialized dragon store, and the owner keep saying that she has a good size).

Starting three weeks ago Billie had a "major shedding, almost all of her skin shed and it's just finished shedding about three days ago. Since the shedding she lost her appetite. She barely touched her green and don't want to eat his favorite butterworms and superworms.

Is this only because of the shedding or this is also because she is a grown up girl now?
I heard that bearded dragon eventually will not eat like a pig anymore once he reaches adulthood.

What should I do to increase her appetite? should I force feeding her???? :|

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Hi there ! Welcome to the Family too !
I have a recently turned year old as well, and he did just what yours did. He's back to eating, but is selective of what protein he ingests. Play around with feeders. Try Roaches, silks, crix and super worms (morio worms). if she is truly switching over, she should be more interested in a HUGE salad, with only a few (3-5) insects daily.
Janie.
Just give her some time, and if this doesn't resolve itself in a week, then I would suggest getting a fecal done, to check for parasites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom